996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Supercharged C4S picsb

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 12:46 AM
Ken7258
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What DE are you going to in Colo Springs. I don't see this on PCA RMR schedule. Is this a open car DE. I've been to 3 DE's now. I was just at the last one this weekend in La Junta. What a great time. It's to bad most Porsche owners just wax their cars and want to look cool. They have no idea what their Porsche can do unitl they're on a track. I have never met a better bunch of people then Porsche owners at a DE. The instructors are all wonderful and everyone keeps their egos in place. I'm always amazed at all the GT2's, GT3's, Cup cars and every 911, 968, 993, 996, TT's, modified and stock that you see. At DE's, you'll find out quick, how good a driver you are.

Ken
Old 05-21-2004, 10:08 AM
teflon_jones
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

37 and 34 MPG? are you kidding me? holy cow! that just doesn't sound possible! maybe the trip computer isn't working correctly now that the S/C is on the car? i wouldn't think this would affect it, but i just can't imagine that you would see a 10 MPG increase after adding a S/C. i would assume that you would get slightly worse mileage due to the added load on the engine from the S/C belt and the need for more fuel now that you have more air going into the engine. i just doesn't sound right... <scratching head>

thanks for the answer about the filter pic.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Webtool
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be that the increased density of the intake air has the net effect of giving a leaner mixture. If that is the case then things might be getting a little warm under the plugs. It has always been my impression that the P engines are mapped with a liberal supply of fuel, although they meet lean burn emmissions, so hmmmm??
We need experts for this one.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:49 PM
wyo996
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Ken 7528
The event is not a PCA DE but the Rocky Mountain Gathering of 3000gt vr4 and Stealth owners and my son signed me up for the event, including use of the 1/4 mile track and road coarse. There will be many other cars there including Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc. We are taking the 3000gt, Porsche and M5. I assume it will be the Pikes Peak track. Will

Quick Reply: Supercharged C4S picsb