Sponsored by:

2002 c4s Static or fuzz noise on OEM or aftermarket radio with bose

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 02:02 AM
Vurrera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 c4s Static or fuzz noise on OEM or aftermarket radio with bose

Any audio heads out there?

I have a static or some kind white noise fuzz coming from the speakers. I noticed it on my stock single din radio but not too much and was able to turn it off when I powered off the radio. It's only there when the radio is on with no volume.

I have an aftermarket alpine ilsx-w650 double din just installed and now it's a bit louder and I can't turn the radio off so the noise is always there when the radio is muted. You can't hear it when there's some volume.

Anyway to get rid of this? With a noise filter or ground loop? Or maybe I should get the add on amp offered for the alpine and bypass the stock bose amp?
Old 03-09-2023, 01:05 PM
imhighlander
Racer

Received 424 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm no expert but from my learning, it has to do with the 2-ohm Bose system trying to hand the 4-ohm output from your new unit. I had the "hiFi" system in mine and the PO installed aftermarket (4-ohm) speakers on the factory 2-ohm head unit and amp. I switched to a Sony head unit and two Alpine amps and eliminated everything from the factory system.

Also was careful to run a larger ground wire to isolate noise from the alternator. Sounds much better now.

Quick Reply: 2002 c4s Static or fuzz noise on OEM or aftermarket radio with bose