01 Cab top won't close.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 01:58 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Cab top won't close.....

I left the top down on my 01 Cab last nite and went to close it this morning to go to work. I pull up the emergency brake, the light (fro the ebrake) goes on in the dash. I press the button to close the top, the windows roll down, then I hear a click and the light in the dash blinks (for the top)...

I check the fuse, and I checked to make sure the hood wasn't left half open (weird thing is I had the front hood open to put stuff in prior to starting the car) - still the same thing happens....

Any ideas on what else to check before having to take it to the dealer? I remember reading stuff about this but my searches come up empty!

THanks in advance,
Will
Old 05-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check This Thread
Old 05-07-2004, 04:15 PM
netdoc
Instructor

I had the same problem other day, the trunk/hood which ever in the rear was not shut all the way... that fixed it....
Old 05-07-2004, 04:20 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anything else I can check? The fuse is fine...I've opened and closed both the front and rear hoods....nothing appears to be blocking the physical operation of the top... anything else to check?

Thanks,
will
Old 05-07-2004, 05:40 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just got home and tried the entire process again with the windows up. Its starts off with the windows coming down, but they don't come down all the way...and then the light in the dash starts blinking....when I press the button again, then the windows go down the rest of the way, but then the light in the dash continues to blink....

Hopefully that gives some more information!

THanks,
Will
Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Harmony Jim
Intermediate

Default 01 Cab top won't close

I found sometimes I have to pull up on my parking brake harder than I thought necessary. That seemed to do it.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wlee69
I just got home and tried the entire process again with the windows up. Its starts off with the windows coming down, but they don't come down all the way...and then the light in the dash starts blinking....when I press the button again, then the windows go down the rest of the way, but then the light in the dash continues to blink....

Hopefully that gives some more information!

THanks,
Will
go over to renntech.org and register (yes - pay) to be a member and you'll see all the TSB's and stuff for your car.

Well worth it...

Quick Reply: 01 Cab top won't close.....