996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

'02 996 Carrera Refresh Project - Orient Red

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
SoCalDan
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks. When I first saw pictures of the color I thought it had shades of pink. But when I saw it in person, I was sold.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:51 PM
SoCalDan
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 70 Posts

Time for another update. Now that there isn't much to do to the car service-wise, it's time to address some smaller items I've been meaning to address.

Although I trust the previous owner maintained this 911 very well, I've don't have any records of the front radiators being serviced, so I decided to remove the front bumper to see if any debris needed to be cleared out. My car hasn't exhibited any signs of overheating whatsoever, but as a general rule this service should be performed every few years to ensure optimal performance. The entire process is fairly simple and can easily be performed by one person, only requiring the removal of a few screws and bolts. Once the front bumper was off I could release the front most radiators and inspect behind them. I used a combination of pressurized air and a brush to clear everything out. While I was there I also inspected all of the AC lines, various wires and even the undercarriage. Somehow, even after 20 years the front end of the car still looked new!

Amazing how much aero is hidden inside the bumper.

View from outside of the car hides what's really behind the radiator.

There's the debris!. It actually wasn't too bad at all on either side, but I'm glad I cleared it out.

Much better.

Glad I did this job. I can't have anything reducing the performance of the cooling system.

Undercarriage looks amazingly clean

Quick Reply: '02 996 Carrera Refresh Project - Orient Red