Sponsored by:

GT2 or Lambo

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 04:01 PM
teflon_jones
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BiggerTwin
As I recall the story, that is why Mr. Lamborghini started building his own cars.

Alan
you are correct! i'm guessing you guys saw this on "automobiles" on the history channel when they profiled ferrari. i happen to have the episode saved on my tivo at home if anybody is curious for specifics.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the story I heard:

"During WWII he was drafted into the Italian services where he repaired vehicles. After the war he built tractors from spare parts to help his country recoup after suffering the devastation of the war years. It is hard to say with certainty what made Ferruccio turn his attention from agricultural machinery to luxury sports cars. Perhaps he was simply attracted by the success of his neighbor, Enzo Ferrari. However, legend has it that the idea came to him after a discussion with Enzo Ferrari, when Ferruccio complained about the noisy gearbox in his new Ferrari. It seems that Ferrari’s reply was simply "You stick to tractors and let me build sports cars." In 1963 he founded the Lamborghini Automobili company due to his lack of satisfaction with the Ferrari he owned."

Quick Reply: GT2 or Lambo