Sponsored by:

Radiator grills for aerokit bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 10:49 AM
oregondave
Banned

Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Radiator grills for aerokit bumper

Hi I’m getting an aerokit front bumper painted/installed on my 02 boxster S. Realized the grill from my original bumper was gone. Anyone have the part #? Is there no difference with the standard bumper cover?

also do I need an aero specific lip/spoiler?

thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:05 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,411 Likes on 1,785 Posts

U may want to try the boxter forum . Maybe mods can move?
Old 05-20-2022, 12:48 PM
oregondave
Banned

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
U may want to try the boxter forum . Maybe mods can move?
the bumper is the same dude. This forum has way more traffic.

Mods, please DO NOT move.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:10 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Thats fine but 996 bumpers dont and never came with grills. Hopefully u can match what u have because there r several aftermarket vendors that produce them. Maybe post a pic of the other side and someone may recognise it?

Also for the lip spoiler the gt3 lip is specific and available through porsche but if u want to save a few $ Demonspeed makes a nice repro of the cup splitter and it will use the factory aero holes.

Last edited by De Jeeper; 05-20-2022 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:33 PM
oregondave
Banned

Thats fine but 996 bumpers dont and never came with grills. Hopefully u can match what u have because there r several aftermarket vendors that produce them. Maybe post a pic of the other side and someone may recognise it?

Also for the lip spoiler the gt3 lip is specific and available through porsche but if u want to save a few $ Demonspeed makes a nice repro of the cup splitter and it will use the factory aero holes.
so nothing blocks debris at all? Yeah I guess my millennium doesn’t have any you’re right lol. That makes it easy I guess!

awesome thanks man, any chance you have a link? Guessing the splitter can be easily installed after paint work?
Old 05-20-2022, 03:42 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Mine in action although i have a mk1. It works but its not perfect.The aerokit bumpers r predrilled. Factory hardware is a push pin but i used bolts, nuts ams fender washers.

https://www.demonspeedmotorsports.co...6SpoilerSQ.htm

They have a track quality one too thats $30 cheaper. The material is softer so it folds in half for shipping but the finish is not as good.

Oh yea the 996/911 probably doesnt have screens because the extra power of our cars makes more heat and the sceens can restrict airdlow. This raises oil temps and can lead to bearing wear. Its common practice for us to pull the bumper once a year and clean.

Last edited by De Jeeper; 05-20-2022 at 03:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by De Jeeper:
dsbl (05-20-2022), EVOMMM (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 03:44 PM
Cajundaddy
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FWIW I added my own rad grills using black mesh designed to keep leaves out of rain gutters. Cheap and easy, just cut and glue them in with construction adhesive. They do keep the big chunks out and protect the rads from stone damage with minimal effect on airflow. The rads still accumulate flotsam so I tend to pull the nose annually and do a quick cleanout.
Old 05-20-2022, 06:59 PM
oregondave
Banned

Mine in action although i have a mk1. It works but its not perfect.The aerokit bumpers r predrilled. Factory hardware is a push pin but i used bolts, nuts ams fender washers.

https://www.demonspeedmotorsports.co...6SpoilerSQ.htm

They have a track quality one too thats $30 cheaper. The material is softer so it folds in half for shipping but the finish is not as good.

Oh yea the 996/911 probably doesnt have screens because the extra power of our cars makes more heat and the sceens can restrict airdlow. This raises oil temps and can lead to bearing wear. Its common practice for us to pull the bumper once a year and clean.
holy **** is that a wheel off the ground?!
Old 05-20-2022, 09:49 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by oregondave
holy **** is that a wheel off the ground?!

yea last weekend at watkin glen. Thats the "bus stop" and u have to murder the curbing so the wheel will lift. I may have to loosen the front sway a little too.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:09 AM
oregondave
Banned

yea last weekend at watkin glen. Thats the "bus stop" and u have to murder the curbing so the wheel will lift. I may have to loosen the front sway a little too.
classic! Btw my car is getting resprayed guards red!
Old 05-27-2022, 04:10 AM
C2-996
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 83 Posts

Dave, I’d probably just eliminate the inserts if you’re up for it, and bring it back to oem form before paint. There’s lots of debate on airflow concerns with the inserts floating around on RL.

I run mine open, monitor any debris and drop the front clip for clean outs as necessary on my 996 aero. This along with a healthy cooling system with a proper functioning water pump and low temp thermostat, has allowed me to never have over heating concerns. Not exactly fun with the upkeep cleaning the debris though.
@De Jeeper your car is insane, let me know if you ever want to part with it- I’ve enjoyed reading about your journey with the build process.

Last edited by C2-996; 05-27-2022 at 04:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Radiator grills for aerokit bumper