Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What does your temp gauge read while driving? Engine running hotter than normal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 05:04 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Juan is mostly right....

You have to look up from UNDER the area in front of the front wheels to see the fans. And they do not run unless the engine cooling water jacket is at or near the high end.

To test that both go to high speed I would drive the car around a bit to get it up to operating temperature and then check the fans after a few minutes stopped with the A/C on max cooling, blower at full speed, and windows lowered.

Or you could use cardboard cutouts to block the airflow into the radiator openings.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night I carefully vacuumed out the leaves and debris from my air intakes and I topped off the coolant with antifreeze I purchased at the dealership so hopefully I'll see a difference with my temp gauge while driving. Also, I did check and confirm that both the cooling fans (located behind each radiator) are working.

The cooling fans are the neatest thing I've noticed so far on this car. (They pump out TONS of hot air onto the ground right in front of the front wheels.) Very, very cool.

I'll drive the car a couple days and provide feedback to anyone who is interested.

Mark

Quick Reply: What does your temp gauge read while driving? Engine running hotter than normal?