Sponsored by:

Who Killed Pepper Porsche??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 08:31 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,071 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by Yogibara
I hope so too. I hear LN is the best so we'll see. Can't wait to hear it when it's a 4.0. I plan on putting on Fabspeed catbacks at least. Maybe the whole thing.
Well, it's going to be a solid car when you are done.

My wife loved your video, too! We watched it together again. She just subscribed.
The following users liked this post:
Yogibara (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 09:53 AM
FLT SIXX
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Yogi, and anyone else who's interested: here's another safety tip for this at home hot tanking method. Heating galvanized steel like your trash cans there above 480F with a direct flame is dangerous and toxic. It releases zinc fumes so don't ever do it in a confined space, but it's best not to do it at all if it can be avoided.

Beyond that: I share the same sentiments as everyone else. Family comes first, cars are just things. Everything can be fixed. I'm waiting on a caliper piston because yours truly tore the hell out of it with some channel locks after nothing else would get it loose. Whether it's $50 or $5000 the biggest cost is pride sometimes. We all hate spending money on our mistakes. Just think of people that literally throw that kind of money away on things they have nothing to show for it. Whatever we spend on these cars is no different than a vacation, season tickets to sporting events, or any other hobby. A pastime and memories often cost money.
The following users liked this post:
Yogibara (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 11:20 AM
Yogibara
Rennlist Member

Received 581 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT SIXX
Hey Yogi, and anyone else who's interested: here's another safety tip for this at home hot tanking method. Heating galvanized steel like your trash cans there above 480F with a direct flame is dangerous and toxic. It releases zinc fumes so don't ever do it in a confined space, but it's best not to do it at all if it can be avoided.

Beyond that: I share the same sentiments as everyone else. Family comes first, cars are just things. Everything can be fixed. I'm waiting on a caliper piston because yours truly tore the hell out of it with some channel locks after nothing else would get it loose. Whether it's $50 or $5000 the biggest cost is pride sometimes. We all hate spending money on our mistakes. Just think of people that literally throw that kind of money away on things they have nothing to show for it. Whatever we spend on these cars is no different than a vacation, season tickets to sporting events, or any other hobby. A pastime and memories often cost money.
That's one thing I actually knew about the project. Those cans can be toxic.

That's right. I couldn't be doing what I do w/o my family's support. We actually discussed her coming on my channel more often due to the positive responses we've received.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:41 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

As they say, "Sometimes good intentions have unintended consequences". In my world, trial and error are some of the best teachers. Good luck on the next steps.

Quick Reply: Who Killed Pepper Porsche??