996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Best options for a tired suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 11:00 AM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,874 Likes on 943 Posts

Comparing things like suspension is pretty tough actually because things like ride quality and what someone classifies as stiff or amount of acceptable body roll is very subjective. I'd highly recommend speaking with some folks at your local C&C, shop or maybe a local rennlister and go for a ride in their car. All the options mentioned here will be more than fine based on specs but the only real way to know is to get in a car with a set. It may not be easy but probably not as hard as you think.
Old 12-16-2021, 01:17 PM
Jengah
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by C2-996
I’m a fan of my PSS10’s on my car (all street car) Also can say I’ve heard nothing but great things on the Ohlins. Either are a worthwhile upgrade from the factory components in my opinion. I do want to source some hollow GT3 sway bars— I see tarrett makes an exact match of the oem GT3 bars (hollow center) Jengah- any impressions you can share before and after adding the GT3 sways?
I can't give you that direct comparison because I bought the car with them on. What I can tell you is that it feels like and handles much more neutral than what I've experienced in stock 996s.Sorry.
Old 12-17-2021, 12:11 AM
C2-996
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Jengah
I can't give you that direct comparison because I bought the car with them on. What I can tell you is that it feels like and handles much more neutral than what I've experienced in stock 996s.Sorry.
Appreciate the info—while the PSS10s get me close, I’ve been chasing a more neutral feeling (I was hoping to hear your impressions were just that). I’ll likely be ordering the tarrett brand after holidays. Anyone who isn’t already aware, Tarrett makes an exact replica of the GT3 bars (more cost effective) and hollow. Seems like the final step to balance the car out.

Quick Reply: Best options for a tired suspension