Sponsored by:

traffic pro problems????

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 03:16 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default traffic pro problems????

HI, I have been having some interesting problems with my traffic pro and install. Lately when I try to enter a destination all I can access is Town. Further I did the soft boot on it and still nothing. I did the opposing button diag to check it and showed the speed as being exactly double what the speedometer showed. Any ideas? Also it originally took forever to have the unit find the gps and stuff. It gave that failed message or whatever like 3 times before it started working, then worked ok for a while although the speed was always double. Help! I called hk but they're not in, and they're faq is junk. thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2004, 12:04 AM
SPR
Drifting

Well I spoke to the support line, and I guess you have to enter different cities first when you are traveling outside the main city etc. All works well now basically
Old 04-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SPR,

Would you recommend this product? Now that you have it working correctly, does it meet your expectations? Does it have any shortfalls?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-08-2004, 04:22 PM
SPR
Drifting

the only shortfall is off course that it doesn't have a color map and that it is not dvd based and the maps are from 2001. The maps are however done by navtech so they're still very good. I don't like the fact that you have to input the city when going from one to the other, but I guess that way it knows what to load around it as you can take the cdrom out after you input your destination as it has a 8mb memory. For me since I had a cr220 and wanted a cdr220 and actually bought one for 180 - a great deal, then found out about the nav which was only 450, sold the cdr220 for 300 and then paid the marginal cost it just made sense. It has a sub out which is great for my purposes etc. For the money and how I use it, it was definitely a great deal. The pre amp outs are also noticibly cleaner than the cdr220.

Quick Reply: traffic pro problems????