Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Car at dealer, RMS replacement... clutch too?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 07:25 AM
JOL
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4k on mine
Old 04-01-2004, 09:31 AM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ross,
Here's the full scoop. I'm just going to the first bit. If you want to attend the whole sha-bang call Michele, her number is down towards the bottom. Hopefully see you Sunday. Alex

Sunday, April 4th GW Bridge - Bannerman Castle – HOOTERS Run + Bonus Paterek Brothers Concours Workshop!!

Alright ladies and gentlemen, this is the first big meet of the 2004 season and boy do we mean BIG!! We have a great time planned for you all!!

AGENDA:

8:00AM
As the name suggests, we will be meeting at the Palisades State Park on Henry Hudson Drive just north of the GW Bridge on the NJ side of the river.

The entrance into the park is via East Palisades Avenue as it passes under the Palisades Interstate Parkway in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.

We will assemble n the parking lot a short distance down the road in the park.be set up to take photos of cars both individually and as a group. We can meet with all of our old acquaintances as well as some new ones.

ARRIVE WITH A FULL TANK OF GAS and bring an FRS Radio Tuned to Channel 7 Sub 0

9:00AM Sharp!!
We will depart the park and proceed up the Palisades Parkway into New York State. We will follow the PP to the end and across the Bear Mountain Bridge to follow Route 9D north along the eastern shore of the Hudson River. There will be a location to temporarily park along the way to grab some Castle photos. If you are interested in some good Castle pictures, bring a pair of hiking shoes because you will need to take a 5 minute walk that can be a little rocky and muddy. The Bannerman Castle can be viewed from that location.

We will continue north on 9D into the town of Beacon and across the Route 84 bridge into Newburgh and then head south on Route 9W to Bear Mountain.
Once in Bear Mountain Park, we will follow Seven Lakes Drive to Route 17 and then onward to Hooters.

11:00AM
Arrive at HOOTERS located at 393 Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ. http://www.hooters.com

Get ready for "Cold Beer, Hot Wings & Fun Girls"
There will be dedicated parking roped off for the 6speed group and a 15% discount off the checks. We also have lots of giveaways & raffles!!!!

12:15 PM
Depart Hooters to attend the Concours Workshop.

1:00 PM
Arrive at the “World Famous” Paterek Brothers Concours and Preservation Workshop sponsored by the Porsche Club of America. Paterek Brothers are nationally known for their expertise in the restoration and preservation of Porsches. They are located at 13 Commerce Street in Chatham, New Jersey. You will have an opportunity to meet many more Porschephiles as well as join PCA if you are not already a member!

Excerpt from PCA Porscheforus monthly magazine…….
Ray and John will conduct an on-the-fly seminar for both Novice and Veteran groups. Emphasis will be on the Preservation and Preparation of Body, Paint, Interior, Storage and Engine.
http://www.nnjr-pca.com/concour.html

If you can't make the start of the event, contact Michele and she will provide estimated arrival times for the other locations.

DUE TO SEATING AVAILABILITY AT HOOTERS, ATTENDEES MUST RSVP TO PORSCHEBABE-MICHELE @ 732.826.1002 OR 718.496.8752 BEFORE MARCH 28, 2004.

We would like to extend a sincere thank you to all of our sponsors:

Cargraphic USA

Bumper Plugs

Hooters

6speedonline

Pepe Porsche

PES Tuning

European Car Magazine
Old 04-01-2004, 02:45 PM
ignacio
Burning Brakes

mat--

you are covered for 100k mi with a porsche certed car--better than a new car

rms failure occurs in about 40% of 996's-- see recent poll--not usually a big deal with some notable exceptions e.g. scouser
Old 04-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Mateusz
AutoX

Ignacio, thanks.
I need to read up on this a little more... can you recommend any good sources? People refer to technical bulletins - where do I find them?

Specifically, I'm wondering if I can drive the car to a dealer if this ever happens to me, or should it be trucked over? Is the oil leak from the gearbox or from the engine sump?

By the way, like the contents of your stable!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:28 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Mat,
You should swing by the gathering over in NJ this Sunday if you're not busy.
You can drive your car to the dealer if it has a leak. No need to truck it there. The leak is from the engine. The drop the engine, mate it to a machine that tests the engine itself to see if it is within a certain tolerance, ie will a new seal fix the problem or will it just blow again after some time. If the engine is out of tolerance...you get a new engine. You can just look on this board for RMS. TONS of info on it.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Mateusz
AutoX

Thanks C4Cab - I'll see you this Sunday at the Hooters run.
Hopefully the weather will improve by then....

Quick Reply: Car at dealer, RMS replacement... clutch too?