Sponsored by:

Need help with tiptronic

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 02:11 PM
irontmp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Poarch
I’m having a problem with my 996 tiptronic it won’t go into drive. The shifter got stuck in drive and as I wiggled it and trying to take it out of drive I felt something break and I figured it was my cable but I checked Stream India my cable and it was not the cable so it must be something inside the transmission. What could it be please. It still goes in reverse and neutral and park just not into drive.
Having driven my '05 TDI Golf for the better part of a year I've become more attuned to it's quirks. Most of my commute is a long highway drive with some stop and go, mostly good speed though. I'm wondering if there is a way to tighten up the shifting on the tiptronic. If I mash it, the response is good but with nominal pressure on the pedal it feels like the transmission is hunting for the proper gear; sloppy. The shift point seems to be different for each gear with first to second at about 1800 rpm, second to third at 2100 rpm third to fourth at about 2100 rpm and fourth to fifth at 2000. In the manual shift mode it will shift from first to second at 1800 but the rest of the gears won't shift up under 2100rpm. It will shift down at any speed/rpm in the manual mode. In the manual mode it seems slow to respond to the shifter... ok it takes a second instead of the half of a second I was used to when driving my manual truck. Is the shift adjustable? I know the sport mode kicks in with the pedal down, but in stop and go driving I don't need hard acceleration. I just want solid shifting.

Quick Reply: Need help with tiptronic