Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 10:52 AM
Dal
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TexSquirrel
I've been considering replacing mine with Recaro Sportster CS seats:
https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us...o-sportster-cs
I just installed a set of these that I picked up used. The bolstering is great and I think they look at home in the 996 interior. I am planning on using the car as a dual duty street/track car so being able to keep the rear seat access was important. The only thing that they lack is the ability to run full harnesses as they only support 4 pt. Since I'm needing the rear seats a rollbar and harnesses are not currently an option so the bolstering on these and 3 points should work well.

The following 3 users liked this post by Dal:
EVOMMM (05-03-2022), paddlefoot64 (02-18-2021), TheChunkNorris (02-18-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 04:43 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,142 Likes on 985 Posts

Originally Posted by Dal
I just installed a set of these that I picked up used. The bolstering is great and I think they look at home in the 996 interior. I am planning on using the car as a dual duty street/track car so being able to keep the rear seat access was important. The only thing that they lack is the ability to run full harnesses as they only support 4 pt. Since I'm needing the rear seats a rollbar and harnesses are not currently an option so the bolstering on these and 3 points should work well.
damn that looks clean.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:44 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 469 Likes on 329 Posts

Those Recaros do look good. My front seats have seen better days, the guy that replaced my vert top said he could reupholster them but it was not cheap. It doesn't help that my interior is Savana Beige so there aren't as many aftermarket plug and play options.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:09 AM
hollywoodikr
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rechtien
You mentioned southern sun. Where bouts are you? I have a set of black sport seats in my garage that havent been in a car in 10+ years. I put on leather conditioner couple times a year. I plan on putting them in my car and just never got to it. Located in El Paso. Seats are Black. They are Garage kept up on a shelf. Not perfect but clean.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm in El Paso. Do you atill have these seats?

Last edited by hollywoodikr; 05-03-2022 at 12:09 AM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: Let’s Talk Front Seat Replacement Options