Sponsored by:

PCCM no sound

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 03:54 PM
JS213
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default PCCM no sound

Thanks for understanding, I know that there are many threads on this but I still can’t figure this out. I installed the single DIN PCCM. Non Bose gen 1. I have power, GPS, my phone is connected, USB chargers work, tuner works. However I have no sound. I can hear it trying, there is some sound going to the speakers kind of some clicking or low humming but not the sound that should be. Does anyone know the magic trick that I have missed? The unit does fit flush but I have not pushed it all the way in to make it easier to pull out if what I need to do is in the back.

Last edited by JS213; 11-28-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:55 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,050 Posts

What OEM system was in the car before installing the PCCM? Did your car have the CDR-220 with HAES amplifier in the frunk? Were all the original wiring harnesses in tack?
Old 11-28-2020, 07:45 PM
JS213
Track Day

You are correct on all things. I had the stock cdr-220 that came with the car. No changes had ever been made to the system. I followed along and read everything on the larger PCCM unit and tried pressing the volume setting for 10 seconds to try and switch from CAN to AMP but I am unable to access this on the single din PCCM

Last edited by JS213; 11-28-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:10 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JS213
You are correct on all things. I had the stock cdr-220 that came with the car. No changes had ever been made to the system. I followed along and read everything on the larger PCCM unit and tried pressing the volume setting for 10 seconds to try and switch from CAN to AMP but I am unable to access this on the single din PCCM
The new PCCM single-DIN radio does not offer the same LINE LEVEL output via the Yellow C1 plug similar to the legacy system in your 996. The new PCCM units use the B1 plug SPEAKER LEVEL output and that means you'll need to attenuate the analog signal to line level for it to work. That means you'll need an Hi/Lo adapter / wire harness. Lots of people that purchase the Continental radios run into the same problem.

Here is one from BergvillFX that will work:

The following users liked this post:
JS213 (11-28-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 08:43 PM
JS213
Track Day

Thank you very much for this information. I will order this tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:16 AM
Philip Kennard
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you get on with this? Did you manage to get it working? I’m installing the PCCM in my 996 with has MOST. I think I’ll need a most adaptor, but wonder if I’ll need anything else? Would be great to see some pics of the system in action!
Old 01-16-2021, 11:13 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Philip Kennard
How did you get on with this? Did you manage to get it working? I’m installing the PCCM in my 996 with has MOST. I think I’ll need a most adaptor, but wonder if I’ll need anything else? Would be great to see some pics of the system in action!
Philip,

There are several threads with the Porsche technical instructions attached. If you have a MOST based system, then you don't need any adapter. Your Porsche kit will have everything you need. The problem with PCCM+ have been when installing on older analogy based systems like the CDR-220 or PCM1.

Do you still have the factory system in the car. Do you have the CD changer unit?
Old 01-16-2021, 12:41 PM
Philip Kennard
5th Gear

Originally Posted by b3freak
Philip,

There are several threads with the Porsche technical instructions attached. If you have a MOST based system, then you don't need any adapter. Your Porsche kit will have everything you need. The problem with PCCM+ have been when installing on older analogy based systems like the CDR-220 or PCM1.

Do you still have the factory system in the car. Do you have the CD changer unit?
I have taken the PCM2 out and have done a centre console delete. Going to use the single din PCCM rather than PCCM+ as I prefer the old school look. Kit hasn’t arrived yet, just hoping it does fit!

Old 01-16-2021, 03:42 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Philip Kennard
I have taken the PCM2 out and have done a centre console delete. Going to use the single din PCCM rather than PCCM+ as I prefer the old school look. Kit hasn’t arrived yet, just hoping it does fit!

Maybe I've missed some of your earlier posts, but the older PCCM classic single DIN doesn't support MOST. Have you changed out your amplifier? If it's the OEM amplifier is will also be MOST. Therefore, the classic PCCM single won't work.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:25 PM
Burkehimself
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JS213
Thanks for understanding, I know that there are many threads on this but I still can’t figure this out. I installed the single DIN PCCM. Non Bose gen 1. I have power, GPS, my phone is connected, USB chargers work, tuner works. However I have no sound. I can hear it trying, there is some sound going to the speakers kind of some clicking or low humming but not the sound that should be. Does anyone know the magic trick that I have missed? The unit does fit flush but I have not pushed it all the way in to make it easier to pull out if what I need to do is in the back.
Hi,

Looking to add the single DIN classic radio in my 996 as well. Is this the only location it fits best? Or will the original radio location (right underneath the center vents) also work? And lastly, did you buy that black trim piece separately to help fill in underneath?
Old 01-02-2022, 01:44 PM
JS213
Track Day

It would fit in the spot directly below the vents. The trim piece is called “lower AC trim surround” It is a $7.50 part from Suncoastparts.com. Look under interior then dashboard and trim. If you put the PCCM and the AC control up top then you could also do the center console delete, which I think looks incredible.
The following users liked this post:
Burkehimself (01-03-2022)

Quick Reply: PCCM no sound