Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 08:29 PM
RennKit-Dave
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by flyweight
Hi Dave, I recently got the BTR-3 kit for my 2003 996 C4, which has CDR23 but no CDC (CD changer). My friendly neighborhood mechanic is willing to use their PIWIS(?) to enable CDC-ready for me for free. However, I have not been able to find a definitive DIY video or document with step-by-step instructions for the actual BTR-3. Any help is appreciated.
just send me an email at info@rennkit.com
http://rennkit.com/
  • Patented eRam Kit™ for 996/997 Turbo & Carrera GT wings
  • Cal*Cool™ - brake cooling 996/997 / Bluetooth Retrofit Kit™ for 1998-2011 cars / Wing Extenders™ 987 Cayman / 997 Turbo
  • AUTO-BLiP for MT / Function F1RST Shift ***** / Girodisc 2-piece rotors / OS Giken LSD / Phenix suspension / Zunsport grills / 997/987 switches/PCM ***** / Border Coilovers
Old 05-26-2022, 12:29 PM
flyweight
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RennKit-Dave
just send me an email at info@rennkit.com
Thanks Dave. Email sent. Looking forward to hearing from you folks.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:57 PM
flyweight
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Installed without a glitch! - BTR-3 on 2003 996 w/ CDR23 No CDC

Thanks Dave and other folks on the forum. I was able to get the job done yesterday afternoon. Everything worked out great and the car maintains a stock look. Here are the things I did:

1. Have the shop where I got my car from enable the CDC function for me with their PIWIS (?) tool. Since my car doesn't come with a physical CD changer, they couldn't verify if it worked in their shop. No worries.
2. Got the Audi/Mercedes radio removal tool from amazon (works for Porsche CDR23 as well), and removed CDR23 from its slot.
3. Disconnected the power wires from CDR23 and use the wire tapping clips that came with BTR-3 to tap into the UNSWITCHED 12v (red w/ black line) and ground (brown) to provide the 12v power to BTR-3.
4. Connected all the fiber optic wires. Then dropped both the fiber optic adapter and the power adapter from the radio slot into a gap right below the glovebox which are then pulled into the glovebox where BTR-3 will stay. This took the most of my time as I couldn't find the instruction to remove the side carpet panel and there wasn't a lot of room to work in the radio slot.
5. Routed the MIC wire from the glovebox straight across behind the console to the driver side well. Then hide the wire inside the weathertech stripes running up the A pillar. My MIC is installed near the top of the A-pillar next to the sun visor.

Almost gave up multiple times due to the lack of step-by-step instructions specific to my car. But I'm glad I did it. Very happy about the result.
The following users liked this post:
RennKit-Dave (05-31-2022)

Quick Reply: Bluetooth integration question