Sponsored by:

Watch for Hoehn (Carlsbad CA) lies about PDE

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 01:37 PM
tsmith
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch for Hoehn (Carlsbad CA) lies about PDE

Last Sunday I visited Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad CA, hoping to buy my first Porsche. Hoehn was advertising several slightly used 2003 996 coupes for $67K. I was aware, from reading this forum, that there are currently some cars on the market that had been used in the Porsche Driving Experience. I would not consider buying a car that had been through 5000 miiles of track use. So one of the first questions that I asked of the salesman, Tony Daher, was whether the car had been used in PDE. He said that it had not, and that it had just been driven by "Porsche executives."

So I test drove the car, then he let me take it to show my wife. Her first comment was "why does it sound like it's falling apart." Nevertheless, we went back to Hoehn, agreed on a price, did the credit app. and the whole works. The car was almost mine! But then Daher put in front of me a written disclaimer which started out "I understand that this car has been used in the Porsche Driving Experience . . . ."! He had flat out lied to me! I was out of there in an instant.

So watch out for Hoehn sales reps lying about PDE cars.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Ouch. Glad to hear that you have the resolve to get up and leave. A lot of people may be so glad to get a 911 they just ignore the disclaimer or just say what the heck. I would not want the car either and you leaving may bring the dishonesty to the sttention of the sales manager.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:36 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

OMG this is scary

when i went to PDE we did drove the car VERY HARD. IMO those cars should never offered to public.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:36 PM
ScottW
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd write a letter telling them they have lost a customer for life. This kind of behavior is not acceptable. Time to find a new dealer. Depending on where you are in San Diego county, there is Pioneer Centres on Miramar or Walter's Porsche in Riverside.

Good luck,
Scott
Old 03-20-2004, 08:02 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I called Hoehn about 3 weeks ago regarding these cars. I was told (by an otherwise very friendly sales guy) that these were "Porsche executive-driven" cars. They all have sport seats and I forget what else, and they had maybe 8-10 of them all virtually the same, but now it makes a lot of sense that these were PDE cars, not executive cars. Thank God I didn't get one!
Old 03-20-2004, 08:14 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

A PDE car should be pretty bare bones, with maybe sport seats, and the sport chassis option and/or the sport suspension package.

Pacific which had some of these cars a year or so ago (probably a 2002 model) did say up front that they were PDE cars.

FYI, those cars had a front repaint (from the stone chips presumably).
Old 03-20-2004, 08:21 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

"Porsche executive-driven"

those car has sport seats, sport exhaust, PSM. most of them are silver. the blue one with factory aero kit is driven by instructor only... maybe THAT has something to do with "Porsche executive-driven"

Last edited by 20C4S; 08-28-2010 at 06:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Watch for Hoehn (Carlsbad CA) lies about PDE