Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 01:41 PM
SilverBlue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Q: Electrical connectors when changing seats

Hi All,

It's my first posting - I searched the archives but didn't come up with the answer.

I recently bought an 01 996TT and quickly found a pair of GT2 sport seats to put into them. The removal of the original seats are pretty straightforward after I figured out how to disconnect the wiring harnesses, but here's my quandary:

The GT2 seats came with only the power wires (red and brown) for the seat recline. Their ends are the round pin type.

The original seats have a black rectangular connector which houses the power wires and sundry other smaller connectors like the seat belt, which ends in a green connector.

I'm trying to reuse this black connector but haven't been able to remove the power pins. I've bought a Molex round pin extractor from Fry's Electronics to extract them, but it hasn't worked.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thaniks,

John
Old 03-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is a round pin and you can stick a 3/32" drill bit in the female pin then I have the correct pin extractor - Fry's does not sell it. If you can make to to our work on cars days tomorrow you can use it. Jeff

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1504

Old 03-21-2004, 07:47 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Sir Tools sells both sizes for about $17 each. They are on the web.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:27 PM
SilverBlue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Guys!

You're a big help. Now, Fry's does have an extractor which is pretty close - it's a .093" extractor which does the same as the photo here - has a hollow barrel and a movable rod which pushes the pin outward. However, the diameter just isn't big enough to fit over the pins for the seat.

John

Quick Reply: Q: Electrical connectors when changing seats