996 Bose - 02' vs '03 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Curvfun
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 996 Bose - 02' vs '03 questions

Except for the MOST bus, does anyone know if there are any differences in the 996 Bose amps between model year's '02 and '03?

I'd like to maintain a stock look to the radio system. I want to get "aux in" capability to enable MP3 players and XM radio input through the system instead of using an FM adapter. I can't find anything available that will hook to the MOST system. There doesn't appear to be a solution without gutting the entire car. I'm in a relatively small area with little to no experienced installers for Porsche disassembly and reassembly.

So, I started thinking that I might try to find an '02 Bose Amp and a CDR 220 to install in my '03 Targa with Bose. I'd pull the cables required to hook the 220 to the amp and then just "plug in" the existing speaker connector to the '02 Bose amp. I then get an Aux in with the Becker aux cables.

The biggest question behind '02 amp availability then becomes if that configuration of connections will even work.

I am unhappy that Porsche has installed a system (MOST) in our cars that has ZERO expansion capabilities at this time. I haven't had any luck finding anything to hook to it. The website at Oasis indicates that they have a MOST aux connection device, but they won't respond to emails or even return telephone calls.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.
Dwayne

Quick Reply: 996 Bose - 02' vs '03 questions