Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PCM owners - do you have Porsche Service on POI list?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 03:51 AM
mozhacker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM owners - do you have Porsche Service on POI list?

I was assuming I'd be able to use the point of interest (POI) list to guide me to Porsche Dealers because I have that in my M5 NAV system, which also uses NavTech discs.

Read my PCM manual they gave me in my owners kit, and it specifically confirmed/mentioned this as an example of how to use the POI function. e.g. that you could select Porsche Service.

I've gone through all the POI categories, including the one specifically mentioned by the manual where I'd find Porsche Service, but I don't see this sub-category listing at all.

Does anyone see this on their PCM? I have an '04 C4S.

thanks.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Keyvan
Racer

It works on mine: Destination Input->POI->Service->Porsche Once you click on Porsche then click on 'Near Destination' or 'Enviroment' Make sure you have your NAV CD in the PCM unit.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:39 AM
mozhacker
Instructor

Nothing. Just checked again and the only 'P' listing I have is Police Station. I checked under Destination Input - POI - Service, as well as all other categories (Travel, etc.)

Under all categories, I have no Porsche listing. My CD is dated 08.2003 (usinng West region). However, checked my PCM version and it's version 2.0

On my CD, it say's only compatible with version 3.0 and above. Wonder what else I'm missing. Guess I'll have to go back to dealer and have my PCM software upgraded.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:00 PM
mozhacker
Instructor

turns out that this is not a PCM version thing. I went in today, found out my PCM qualified to be the later version that can have the software updated from version 2 to version 3, but made no change as to not seeing the Porsche or Porsche Dealers under POI-Service.

So the service manager called NavTech, and they told him that it depends on the batch the CD was made. I have a 08.2003 disc which Navtech just sent me a few weeks ago, but apparently, this version label means nothing - there are a number of different batches, all with this same sticker label.

And based on batch, some have the Porsche Dealers category under POI-Service, and some don't.

This answer is totally preposterous, but it came from the Navtech contact that my service manager called. Needless to say, I am not that happy with Navtech. It's pretty odd though considering in seven years of CDs from Navtech for my BMWs, they always had BMW Dealers listed on them.

As a final option, I was told I'd just have to wait for the new release due out in July 2004, but they admitted depending on what batch I got, there's no guarantee I'd have Porsche Dealers listed on that July 2004 CD either.

So my service manager told me maybe they could do something, but first just to make sure my unit can even see this, I need to find someone in the LA area who has a PCM version 3.0 CD and that can see the Porsche Dealers under POI-Service. He wants me to pop that CD into my unit to check and see if I can also see it, and if so, then we'll try some escalation thing with Navtech to try and get me a correct CD by trading my other one back.

Quick Reply: PCM owners - do you have Porsche Service on POI list?