Sponsored by:

996 car alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 01:57 AM
acd683
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 996 car alarm

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the effectiveness of the stock 996 car alarm?
I live in a nice part of Los Angeles but I've seen a lot of info on Nextdoor relating to wheels being stolen from cars. My car has upgraded wheels and I keep it in only a semi-private area so naturally I'm a little bit worried.
Would the stock alarm be sufficient to guard against potential wheel theft? Or does someone have a recommendation for a solid aftermarket alarm with a tilt/wheel theft feature so I can sleep better?
Thanks!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 103 Posts

Alarm is integrated into car and I believe provides functions of locking and unlocking doors, unlatching fuel door, reading key fob and informing computer engine can start, etc. So alarm can't be removed from vehicle, but you could add a second one or hidden switch to disable something like your fuel pump, or go off if vehicle is jacked, etc. Also 996s in some countries have a sensor that detects jacking up car and you might be able to add that and get this function on your current alarm. Or add an interior camera pointed out the window that continuously records, lots of options.

Quick Reply: 996 car alarm