Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

NEW WHEELS!! ya! THANKS WHEEL ENHANCEMENT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004 | 11:10 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Default NEW WHEELS!! ya! THANKS WHEEL ENHANCEMENT!!!

Carrera 5 Spoke, 5mm spacers all around = 50mm fr, 60mm rear

ok, not the greatest day in my life, but it feels almost as good. finally got through the wheel dilemna, and I couldn't be HAPPIER!!!! i have all of you to thank PLUS the WONDERFUL people at Wheel Enhancement(.com) here in Los Angeles, they are truly the best in their field. i think you all know the story, i just didn't like the RH 3.6 P wheels on my car (although they are beautiful wheels) and was not happy with my initial choice. so after a few phone conversations with the good people at wheel enhancement, we got the right wheels on the car, and i drove off an incredibly happy customer (it did cost me a bit, but i'm thrilled that it did). i finally got what i was after, an up to date wheel that reflected the modern styling of the 996, one that would ever get confused with bling (i'm a pretty conservative fellow). flashy they are not, yes, i've lost some "shock image" but i truly believe this is what fits best on this car, my car. THANK YOU all for all of your constructive comments, they meant a lot. THANK YOU guys/gal at WHeel Enhancement here in L.A. i think you know how i feel, i think i'll get a full nights sleep tonight. here are some pics (link below)

i

Old 02-24-2004 | 11:50 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Congrats MUCH MUCH BETTER!!! Next Mod... Aero Bumper and skirts!!! :P
Old 02-24-2004 | 11:59 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by SANDOVAL
Congrats MUCH MUCH BETTER!!! Next Mod... Aero Bumper and skirts!!! :P
you guys are too much. but i love it nonetheless.

Old 02-25-2004 | 12:19 AM
SorTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

nice sporty look, good choice!!
Old 02-25-2004 | 12:31 AM
rbs996
Advanced

If you do the aero bumper and skirts, do you have to use another rear spoiler or is the stock one ok? Nice looking car - wheels are perfect.

rb
Old 02-25-2004 | 01:14 AM
silver996
Instructor

aero bumper and skirts? don't give him ideas...!

the wheels look great on the blue car, congrats
Old 02-25-2004 | 01:17 AM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Congrats! They do look very nice
Old 02-25-2004 | 01:30 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

hmmm, not sure if it looks right. i mean, the wheel is just off and it clashes with the body colour. it just all wrong!!!

HA HA! just kidding.

after all the PMs, back and forth, i'm glad you FINALLY got what you were looking for. most importantly, the wife approves

now i may just have to copy you and get rid of my champions, hmmmmmmmm......
c
Old 02-25-2004 | 02:35 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Looks great! Hmm, maybe I should get some spacers now?

Yes, New bumper and skirts!!! maybe even a wing? hahaha

Congrats on the wheels!
Old 02-25-2004 | 09:10 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by karlooz
hmmm, not sure if it looks right. i mean, the wheel is just off and it clashes with the body colour. it just all wrong!!!

HA HA! just kidding.

after all the PMs, back and forth, i'm glad you FINALLY got what you were looking for. most importantly, the wife approves

now i may just have to copy you and get rid of my champions, hmmmmmmmm......
c
Special Thanks to you, my friend. Carlos, thanks for hanging with me through this, you were a big help. Sorry if i drove you nuts, but i wanted to make sure that EVERY question was answered. Thanks sir.

oalvarez

ITZKirby/GreyGhost/Silver/MS/et al: thanks tough to name you all but u were all there
Old 02-25-2004 | 09:58 AM
mal28
Rennlist Member

good choice, I wish more wheels were available for my C4S, my choices are limited, BBS LM not available in the correct size , many Porsche wheels not available etc
Old 02-25-2004 | 10:12 AM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Nice choice, love those rims, just got a pair myself. Looks great just the way it is...if you let these mod junkies bring you to the dark side, it will never end!
Old 02-26-2004 | 04:18 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

oalvarez,

Great looking wheels! Does wheelenhancements.com sell Porsche genuine wheels?? Are your new wheels Porsche genuine or another brand?

Any truth to what I've heard about Porsche center caps not always fitting wheels that aren't Porsche genuine?

Are those 5-spoke wheels available in 17"?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-26-2004 | 11:45 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Mark Wheeler
oalvarez,

Great looking wheels! Does wheelenhancements.com sell Porsche genuine wheels?? Are your new wheels Porsche genuine or another brand?

Any truth to what I've heard about Porsche center caps not always fitting wheels that aren't Porsche genuine?

Are those 5-spoke wheels available in 17"?

Thanks,
Mark
from what i know: these are genuine BBS Carrera 5 Spokes made specifically for Porsche 2002> model years. Wheel Enhancements also sells a variety of non-oem style wheels. they know their stuff. the 5 spokes are not available in 17" although other multi-spoke Porsche wheels are.

give John at Wheel Enhancements a holler, everyone there knows what they're talking about. they are true professionals in this field.

regards
Old 02-27-2004 | 07:23 AM
J.Seven
Instructor

You car looks great, those are the best looking wheels Porsche has and I can see that your color combo is just great too, love SB interior, do you have any more pics, would loke to see it, congrats.

J.Seven

Quick Reply: NEW WHEELS!! ya! THANKS WHEEL ENHANCEMENT!!!