Sponsored by:

Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Bdicker
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Problem

I changed out a couple of the tip switches in the center console (defroster and alarm system), and the primary up/down window switches quit working. Oddly, the windows do go up and down as they customarily do when the top is lowered and raised. I checked the fuse at D1 and it looked good. It could be that one of the switches is bad (they are from the salvage yard), but I am not sure why that would impact the windows. Any insight into the cause of the issue would be appreciated.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:56 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

What do you mean by "tip switches"? Are you talking about he button on the center console around the AC and radio units? Porsche allow for an alarm switch. What are you talking about?

I'm assuming you're talking about the central locking switch?

My best advice to replace the switches back the way they were originally. The security, locks, and SRS systems are integrated together. If the system doesn't sees an open circuit, then a fault will occur and in some cases limits functionality.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Bdicker
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the switches to the left and right of the radio and A/C units. Unfortunately, a prior owner damaged the switches so that they have to be replaced. (Fortunately, after four months of owning the car, that seems to be the only damage that he did.) I take it from your post that you think that one of the switches, probably the central locking system, is bad.

Quick Reply: Window Problem