Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you plan on getting the 997?
Yes, but I plan on KEEPING my 996
5.43%
Yes, but I plan on SELLING my 996
8.70%
Yes, but not this year
15.22%
No, not in the near future
70.65%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Are you going to sell your 996 to get a 997?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 08:02 PM
princetonporsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My question is for Scouser. Is a letter of intent part of the official policy for you to get on the wait list of the Aston Martin AMV8 or can you just walk into the dealership and have them place your name on a list?
Old 02-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Frank F.
Track Day

Smile

Every Porsche I have had is better than the one before. I have a 2004 C4S Cabriolet. If the 997 looks as good as my 996 I will probably buy one in the last year of production.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:22 AM
superyota
Intermediate

I have my deposit down on the 997... But I wish that they would have put the GT3 motor in a 996 C2s that could be a daily driver. I have an 02 996 and love everything about it. I can't stand the old 993 interior..looks like a 70s model car.

Do you guys think I should wait for the 997 or buy a 02 turbo?
Old 02-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Carlos from Spain
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by nova996
Carlos, I hope you are right. I've been thinking about the GT3 lately, but it's just not practical for me. One, I need the rear seat so I can enjoy drives with my wife and kid. That's important to me. And two, I want the PSM in a daily driver as security against the crazy things that can suddenly pop-up on public roads.

So a GT3 type engine (even detuned a little) in a 2+2 body would be perfect for me!
Thats exactly my situation too, I would love the GT3 an the 997 GT3 should be out within a year of the first 997 (997C2 = will be presented Sept this year) for race homologation purposes, but I need rear seats on ocasion, also besides everyday street driving, I like driving hard on the rain/wet, so PSM is an extra advantage, and last the ground clearance of a GT3 is imposible since I couldn't park it anyware around here, not even in my own garages and my 996's RoWM030 is about as far as I can go. I think there are a lot of people that would opt for the C2S if its light as a C2, has a GT3-like engine, and sportier setup and options than standard. We will have to wait and see if it becomes a reality or not
Old 02-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeechai,
They have not opened the order books yet on the car. But when they do there will be a flood and it's likely to be very difficult to buy one for some time. A way to get around this is to get on the list. But they require a formal letter of intent before they will put you on the list as they don't take deposits until the order books open. First come first served as they say. So I put my letter of intent in months ago after the crap fight I had with Porsche over my RMS and gearbox. I got on the list OK. So now when the order book opens I get to put my deposit down for the car. Basically as far as possible I am guaranteed an allocation.

Hope that helps you.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Carlos from Spain
Thats exactly my situation too, I would love the GT3 an the 997 GT3 should be out within a year of the first 997 (997C2 = will be presented Sept this year) for race homologation purposes, but I need rear seats on ocasion, also besides everyday street driving, I like driving hard on the rain/wet, so PSM is an extra advantage, and last the ground clearance of a GT3 is imposible since I couldn't park it anyware around here, not even in my own garages and my 996's RoWM030 is about as far as I can go. I think there are a lot of people that would opt for the C2S if its light as a C2, has a GT3-like engine, and sportier setup and options than standard. We will have to wait and see if it becomes a reality or not
I wonder if they are thinking of putting air suspension on the new sports cars.

I have it my S (first air for me) and I think it's great. It would resolve the height issue; but I don't know about handling and weight.

It would be a logical step in PAGs process of dumbing up the cars.

Quick Reply: Are you going to sell your 996 to get a 997?