Painted my 17’s

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 05:34 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,258 Posts

Originally Posted by peterp
I agree. RL could use more moderation. It doesn't seem like there is any. If someone doesn't like a topic, just don't post in that thread. If you wouldn't say something to somebody face-to-face in real life, don't post it.

There are constructive comments in this thread also -- benefit from those and ignore the rest.
Originally Posted by Brian996
I think the moderators here are non existent. I also think there should be a place for people who pay to join and a free lounge or something.
This has the makings of a great website with go subject matter but the keyboard cowboys just come here to slam.
Give them a free “lounge” and let the real enthusiast pay a few bucks a month.
Then we might see a change.
That and if the moderators participated more or maybe find someone who would.
What exactly needs moderating in this thread? You really want moderators to start removing / forbidding opposing opinions? Turn Rennlist into a "safe space" were no feelings get ruffled?

The moderating team of Rennlist are all unpaid volunteers, this is far from a full time role and it's impossible for us to read every post or thread. Rennlist is a community forum, it is what you all make it to be. If anyone feels a post, thread, or member is out of line you need to report it (report post button in every post).

As far as a "paid members only" forum, there is one:
https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic-81/
Old 06-02-2019, 05:41 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 545 Posts

There's also a "What did you do to your 996 today" thread for post like this...
Old 06-02-2019, 05:42 PM
85eurocarrera
Burning Brakes

Received 415 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian996
I save that work for the weenies.
Do you know w what a weenie is?
So many innuendos in your posts.

My comment was in regards to painting your center caps in place under 5 coats of clear. As long as you don't start a thread about tire shop (***) your paint job by removing center caps, I will refrain commenting to your posts.

Kudos for not painting your rotors.😁
Old 06-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Based on you painting over the wheel center caps, porsche lettering on calipers, your shock tower all while painting the wheels with tires still on... I can deduce that when you do the wallpaper work, you just apply it over light switches and sockets? Because perfectionism.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:32 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
Based on you painting over the wheel center caps, porsche lettering on calipers, your shock tower all while painting the wheels with tires still on... I can deduce that when you do the wallpaper work, you just apply it over light switches and sockets? Because perfectionism.
I don't even think the criticism has been bad but why post on a PUBLIC forum and not expect some detractors? Plus constructive criticism can lead to better results. I think the color is cool, another coat of paint and some taping would make the calipers a little better. Not everyone is going to like what you do and to expect not to receive both positive and negative criticisms on the internet of all places is a miscalculation. Other communities aren't so kind.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:40 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 85eurocarrera
So many innuendos in your posts.

My comment was in regards to painting your center caps in place under 5 coats of clear. As long as you don't start a thread about tire shop (***) your paint job by removing center caps, I will refrain commenting to your posts.

Kudos for not painting your rotors.��
Time for new rotors, painting them would've been a waste

Last edited by 808Bill; 06-02-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:02 PM
85eurocarrera
Burning Brakes

Received 415 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
Time for new rotors, painting them would've been a waist
True dat.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 525 Posts

Time for new rotors, painting them would've been a waist
Waist?
Old 06-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Brian996
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I’m pretty much done with this project. I just need to get some stencils or locate the ones I bought four months ago. I really do hope I have inspired some do it yourselfers to go for it. You don’t have to spend thousands to make your car look cool. Everyone has there one interpretation of cool. To me this is it. I like the fact that these are the wheels meant for this car and all I did was change the color and paint the calipers. I cannot have it all. I make the most of what I have. I used to think those little plastic demons would allow me to have it all but I learned that lesson.
So here her is the mighty Thor-

Old 06-02-2019, 10:34 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Waist?
You got me again...
Old 06-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

You got me again...
Old 06-03-2019, 10:39 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

5 coats of clear the the wheels are still only semi gloss? You need to wet send it because the spray can ain't working.The left front rim is shinier than the left rear. If one can see this in a picture, I can only imagine what it looks like in person. That unicorn metal flake paint isn't my cup of tea.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:50 AM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 124 Posts

If it makes you happy, then awesome. It's always nice to be able to do that in an affordable way, and have the satisfaction of doing a job yourself.

If you stopped posting pictures of your mods, you'll probably find it less stressful. Everybody has an opinion, and no matter what, there are going to be people here (and everywhere) that don't love your personal style. You give them a platform when you post your project and ask for feedback. You get exactly what you requested (feedback), even if you don't like the feedback (you feel it is critical). Save yourself some aggravation and either stop posting your mods or find a way to take the feedback constructively.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Brian996
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cds72911
If it makes you happy, then awesome. It's always nice to be able to do that in an affordable way, and have the satisfaction of doing a job yourself.

If you stopped posting pictures of your mods, you'll probably find it less stressful. Everybody has an opinion, and no matter what, there are going to be people here (and everywhere) that don't love your personal style. You give them a platform when you post your project and ask for feedback. You get exactly what you requested (feedback), even if you don't like the feedback (you feel it is critical). Save yourself some aggravation and either stop posting your mods or find a way to take the feedback constructively.
Fair enough I think that’s good advice.
I learned one thing about this forum. It is not a friendly place.
Better to just move on.
Im sure this has happened a lot.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

It's actually a very friendly place. There are a few grumpy and cranky old men here - once you figure out who they are, it's easy to tune them out. YMMV.

Quick Reply: Painted my 17’s