Sponsored by:

Dashcams

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 12:18 PM
Optionman1
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 1,013 Posts
Default Dashcams

i'm about to upgrade my center console (2003 c4s) with an apple car-play compatible touch screen with an integrated back up camera and am also considering hard wiring a forward facing dashcam with the capability of overlaying the video with driving telemetry. i was planning on going with the Waylen's horizon unit but after attending my 1st HPDE session this past weekend i saw almost everyone using their suction cup mounted iphone along with "track addict pro" app. the app has almost every track pre-loaded and can bluetooth with an installed OBD-II dongle.

i dont see myself as catching the racing bug but i'd like to video driving winding roads, etc and still be able to overlay telemetry. does anyone have experience using the "track addict pro" app outside of known racetracks? can it function like a normal dashcam?

thanks
Old 04-10-2019, 04:41 PM
alabamatoy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harry's lap timer will do what you want...But I dont think its available for the fruity things, only Android. There are some real issues with real-time injection of stuff into imagery...its a much bigger computational issue than one might imagine.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:05 AM
vitaminC
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Yes, you can definitely do that with Harry’s Laptimer. See any number of autocross videos. And it works for both iOS and Android.

Quick Reply: Dashcams