Sponsored by:

Help! Need to get to rattle in quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:34 AM
dweintraub
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Need to get to rattle in quarter panel

My passenger side rear quarter panel (the section behind the door but forward of the rear wheel, also the same place the vent would be if it were a boxster) contains a rattle that drives me nuts.

I think it came from the ding doctor. I had dings taken out of that area and they had to driull a hole to get them out. I heard that sometimes the metal piece falls into the car and does not come out.

I have tried to get to this by removing the wheel and all platic covers around the area below and behind. I cannot get to it. Any suggestions? Can I get in there from the interior?

Thanks. This is driving me nuts!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this same problem some years back with an Audi. Basically, I did some work on a rear panel and managed to loose a bolt down the back between the outside and inner wall. Short of turning the car upside down to shake it loos I had no choice but to put up with the ratling. Then I found a can of expandable foam. You can buy it at DIY shops. I bought this gap filling stuff that is fire resistent. Shoved the nozzle in the panel and basically emptied the can contents.....rattle went away for good.......had a bad odour for a while though.

Quick Reply: Help! Need to get to rattle in quarter panel