Sponsored by:

Rennline Engine Mount 95A mini review

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 12:04 AM
JJ_W
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rennline Engine Mount 95A mini review

While I was doing my spark plugs last month I saw that my engine mounts were in pretty bad shape. So after a little bit of research, I went and ordered a set of Rennline semi-solid tunable enigne mounts.
The Rennline mounts come with 3 sets of bushings for the top and bottom of the mounts:
Yellow (street) 75A - Soft
Blue (sport) 85A - Medium
Red (track) 95A - Stiff

Essentially, you can mix and match the top and bottom bushings with different durometer for your liking. I have read plenty of reviews where most users opt for 85A engine mounts with minimal NVH. As I am already used to my car being loud (Dansk Supersound and GT3 throttle body) and stiff (Bilstein PSS10), I went straight for the 95A to see if I could tolerate any additional NVH. They are easy to remove to change bushings later on anyway.

Install was straight forward. I used two jacks, and I suggest others doing this install do too. One jack to support the center of the engine, one to support the side being removed and installed as the engine will tilt. The whole procedure took about 2.5hrs without needing to jack up the car. The supplied instructions shows you clearly how to assemble the mounts, torque values, etc. Just make sure you have enough extensions, a long breaker bar and a torque wrench.

I've driven with the 95A mounts for two tanks of fuel now. The difference with the dynamics of the car is very noticeable. Over bumps at speed there is no longer the feeling of over-shot suspension travel (where the rear of the car felt unsettled), the whole car feels more together and I can now really feel what the suspension is doing. Throttle response is much sharper with no loss in power twisting the engine on the old soft mounts.

NVH wise, I can see why other users do not recommend the 95A mounts, as there is a noticeable increase in noise and vibration, mostly during idle and rolling speeds. To me, the added noise is not much louder than road, wind and exhaust noise, and my girlfriend cannot tell a difference after the install. There is also a slight increase in gearbox whine in certain gears (I had just installed Powerflex 95A Black Series transmission insert prior). However, if you have loose fittings inside your cabin, you WILL hear them. If this kind of thing drives you nuts, go for the softer bushings. So far I am pretty happy with this and I will keep the 95A in there, the difference in NVH is very tolerable if you already have stiff suspension and exhaust modifications.

The stock mount in pretty bad shape. You can see the rubber has been stretched. This caused the engine to sag 15mm.

Use two jacks and some blocks of wood to support the engine.

The old one out, new one assembled and ready to go in.

New mounts installed. Bolt the air pump and airbox back in place.

Quick Reply: Rennline Engine Mount 95A mini review