Sponsored by:

What a day, now to figure out what's happening with the car

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 05:31 PM
ThatSalesGuy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Murphy
I've got the full harness pulled from a 2000 C4 if you decide to go that route.
If I do, I'll PM you. From what I hear, that's pretty invasive and means taking quite a bit apart. I dont see an other damage that would warrant replacing the whole thing yet
Old 01-07-2019, 12:23 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatSalesGuy
if you do, that'd be awesome.
PM me and we can discuss
thanks
PM sent
Old 01-16-2019, 10:17 PM
ThatSalesGuy
Instructor

UPDATE: well this week, so far I've replaces all 6 coil packs, spark plugs and wired in a new plug/connector for the cylinder 1 coil pack. While at it, changed the fuel filter, oil change and replaced the radiator cap.
it fired right up and ran great.
then I get a couple miles away and stop, only to see the coolant leak wasnt the radiatoradiatas steam was coming from the engine bay. Looked around that area and sure enough some splatter. I went ahead and tightened the cap down as it seemed to have a few spins to go, hopefully that's all it was and not a leak somewhere else.
I guess next step would be bleeding the system making sure no air is caught and then a pressure test. [Anyone know if you can rent/borrow these from autozone?] [Or what the approximate cost from an indy to test it? I dont really want to drive it that far to the closest indy].
what then? Water pump, expansion reservoir, thermostat?
damn....was really hoping to be able to take the car on a road trip to SoCal, about 250 miles each way this weekend.

Edit: the other oddity... the climate controls didnt come on, buttons dont work, no temp or fan speed, etc showing on the display. I will double check the fuse when I get back home and have a light.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:04 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

I'd drive it around (close to home) and get it up to temp, stopping periodically to check for leaks.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:37 PM
ThatSalesGuy
Instructor

Originally Posted by 808Bill
I'd drive it around (close to home) and get it up to temp, stopping periodically to check for leaks.
I'm about to do that on the way home. It's only 1.2 miles, but I figure I can drive up the street and such before going into neighborhood.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:47 AM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 344 Posts

Clean off the coolant cap and the expansion tank so you can see if there are new accumulations of coolant. Check the part number on the coolant cap (should be -04) and examine the tank for leaks. Those are good places to start.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:41 PM
ThatSalesGuy
Instructor

Originally Posted by wyovino
Clean off the coolant cap and the expansion tank so you can see if there are new accumulations of coolant. Check the part number on the coolant cap (should be -04) and examine the tank for leaks. Those are good places to start.
Yup, just installed the new cap. Pretty sure it want tight enough. Also found a hose clamp that was a bit loose. Between tightening those both up, didnt notice any more leakage
Old 01-17-2019, 01:12 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: What a day, now to figure out what's happening with the car