Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Frunk light only comes on when glovebox is open?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 04:47 PM
silverball_billi
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frunk light only comes on when glovebox is open?!

2002 Carerra. Hello, I've tried searching for another person with this issue, but can't seem to narrow it down. Bought 996, frunk light was working for the last month. Today, (or at least noticing it today) it does not come on. Strangely enough, it does come on when the glovebox is open! Before tearing my girl apart, it seems that it might be a microswitch issue, but not positive. Also, not sure if the problem is with the glovebox or the front latch. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

I just checked the wiring diagram. Oddly enough the frunk, glove box, and engine compartment light are all controled by the alarm module on the same wire. Meaning if one is activated, they all are activated. So since the frunk light comes on when the glove box is open it is assumed the wiring is intact and good to the all 3 lights. I would also assume the micro switch to the glove box is good but the one for the frunk may not be. That is where i would start.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:22 PM
silverball_billi
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbren1979
I just checked the wiring diagram. Oddly enough the frunk, glove box, and engine compartment light are all controled by the alarm module on the same wire. Meaning if one is activated, they all are activated. So since the frunk light comes on when the glove box is open it is assumed the wiring is intact and good to the all 3 lights. I would also assume the micro switch to the glove box is good but the one for the frunk may not be. That is where i would start.
Thank you, I think I may have shut the hatch a little too roughly a time or two, so that does make sense. Thanks mbren1979 for your help and insight. I'll report back with what I find if it is of use to others.

Quick Reply: Frunk light only comes on when glovebox is open?!