Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Staged a few photos on Stage rd. (Pescadero)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 01:33 PM
Dan951Man
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Staged a few photos on Stage rd. (Pescadero)

Went for a beautiful drive out through my favorite (and empty!) mountains.
Grabbed some photos that I had to share. Although some might say the B+W is overplayed, I think it made the contrast and lines pop. I’d like to try and duplicate with some charcoal pencils now...

And, to keep things on topic- what are you opinions on road grip between a nice polished strip of hot asphalt compared to the coarse texture of a well traveled tar and chip surface?
Stage Rd. Certainly has a lot of loose gravel eager to make stone chips, but I enjoy the sandpaper-esque grip on a nice soft tire. Sure it accelerates tire wear but I like the linear breakaway feel.

edit:bummer, the image quality was reduced upon uploading
Old 10-26-2018, 01:39 PM
sb3
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pictures. Those are great roads over there. I try to either drive my 996 or ride my motorcycle over there as often as I can.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:46 PM
Dan951Man
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sb3
Nice pictures. Those are great roads over there. I try to either drive my 996 or ride my motorcycle over there as often as I can.

I cant imagine riding a motorcycle on some of those roads, Stage in particular (and Alpine from Skyline to Pescadero). They can be rough, bumpy, and TIGHT! Maybe on a nice enduro or supermoto.
I love Pescadero rd. from La Honda to the ocean so much I’m embarrassed to say I had never been on the stretch of 84 between Stage and La Honda- I was pleasantly surprised, beautifully wide and smooth sweepers. perfect for a motorcycle I thought!
Old 10-26-2018, 02:30 PM
mrjonger
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car and pics! It takes a lot of discipline to keep your self in check on those roads. They're so deserted the urge to swing the tail out is so tempting. FYI, if you like that road, you should check out Tunitas Creek Road between Hwy 1 and Hwy 35 (there's some adjoining roads, but I haven't explored those yet). Connects Half Moon Bay to Woodside...wish it went all the way to 280. But like the road above, it's just barely wide enough for two way traffic...but deserted (at least when I drove through).
Old 10-26-2018, 04:17 PM
ion_berkley
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate to be everyones Dad....Have a good friend who lives on Stage Road, Pro-Cyclist....hospitalized badly not so long ago after a car took her out.....not the place to have a heavy right foot, go easy, enjoy the scenery, assume there's someone around every blind bend.

Quick Reply: Staged a few photos on Stage rd. (Pescadero)