Sponsored by:

02 C4 Cab Key Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 06:55 PM
ckeyes888
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 C4 Cab Key Issue

Well that was fun. Just got back from an 8 hr. jaunt to the nearest Porsche dealer in Spokane to get a spare key programmed only to be told
they couldn’t do it without knowing the key code of the original working key.
I had fully explained what I had before going there, 1 fully working key, 2 spare keys (both light the dash and manually lock/unlock doors) but won’t start the car,
and 1 new transmitter with code. I also have a code that I was told belonged to either the working key or one of the two spares.
Anyway they said at the very least they could simply program the new transmitter to work and most likely one of the spares
for a total of 3 working keys.

Hoping someone has some experience with this stuff. They also said when I got there if they program one key they’d have to program any others
at the same time. Also, if they tried to program a key with the wrong code it could shut down the immobilizer and render the key useless to any further
attempts at programming.
This all seems like ridiculous voodoo to me. Just appreciate knowing if any of it is actually true.

Thanks,

Carl
Old 10-23-2018, 09:19 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

I have had keys programmed. I drove the car in with one good working key along with a new transmitter (key head) with the barcode attached. The dealer programed the car to work with new key/barcode combination and my original working key still worked fine. So I left with two fully working keys. If you have an "old" non-working key with no bar code they will not be able to code it even if it is a good key. If you give them 1 code and three ??? keys they are going to tell you what you heard.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:26 PM
ckeyes888
Intermediate

So from your experience I should been able to leave with my original fully working key and the new transmitter programmed for the spare?
Just to be clear, you went in with only the code for the new transmitter not the code for your original key?

Thanks,

Carl
Old 10-23-2018, 09:28 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Yes on two different 996 over 6 years, 2003 & 2004. I am on my way again with a new head as soon as it gets here. These keys don't like to run through the wash in your pants pocket.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:37 PM
ckeyes888
Intermediate

Wow. So the Porsche dealer in Spokane is either completely incompetent or flat out lying.
The especially annoying thing is how reassuring they were that they could do it, and unapologetic when they blew me off after the long drive.
Would you mind letting me know what dealer was able to do that for you?

edit: Just spoke to a trusted dealer in the Bay Area I used to go to and he said you must have a code for each key
to be programmed. You can’t just bring in a spare key to be programmed without reprogramming all your keys.

Thanks,

Carl
Old 10-24-2018, 11:56 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

how about the original already programmed working key? no code they kill it and you have to buy another one to have two working keys?? not what I have experienced.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:30 AM
ckeyes888
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fpb111
how about the original already programmed working key? no code they kill it and you have to buy another one to have two working keys?? not what I have experienced.
When I bought the car I got three keys and one code. Only one key was fully functional and was told the code belonged to one of the three keys.
I ordered another transmitter with code from Suncoast, so on the next trip to the dealer I'll have two new transmitters with codes and good
stalks to use with them.
Still got a bad feeling about all this.

Carl
Old 10-28-2018, 09:08 AM
smuko
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello ,I can help you, you haven't buy new transmitters I can learn or repair used transmitters which doesn't work. Or if you haven't neither I can sell you used (not new) 315Mhz .I can do this for you here in my workshop, I need only PAS unit and all keys, I will do this gratis as help for you .
For more info you can contact me on smuko@brizzard.net , I'm from Slovakia EU .
I posted here more times about this problem but nobody never try resolve this issue with me .It is easy for all ( no buy new remote controlers no visit dealer ,only ship to me PAS unit and keys that is all, I'm also on ebay as 100% seller you can check this .
Best regards

Last edited by smuko; 10-28-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:11 AM
ckeyes888
Intermediate

Where on eBay can I find you?

Carl
Old 10-28-2018, 08:07 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Smuko,
many folks might not trust the mail service with their $$$$ PAS unit. I think that’s one reason why no one has taken you up on, in this case your very generous offer. If ckeyes does, that may “break the ice” for you.

There are others is the US who offer similar service but undoubtedly at a $$ cost greater than you.

http://sosdiagnostics.com/porsche.html
Old 10-28-2018, 11:29 PM
ckeyes888
Intermediate

Still looking at all my options on the issue but if I do go with a service like Smuko’s I’ll report back here how it went.

Carl
Old 10-29-2018, 01:13 AM
Mark I
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

What fpb911 is telling you is 100% correct from my experience. I also went to a dealer some years ago with one working key (for which I had no code) and a new key head with the number tag attached I'd ordered from Sunset Porsche, with a freshly cut blade from keysinthepost.com. Dealer programmed car to new key resulting in both keys working perfectly & have ever since. 2004 C2.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:03 AM
smuko
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Key fob porsche

Originally Posted by fpb111
Smuko,
many folks might not trust the mail service with their $$$$ PAS unit. I think that’s one reason why no one has taken you up on, in this case your very generous offer. If ckeyes does, that may “break the ice” for you.

There are others is the US who offer similar service but undoubtedly at a $$ cost greater than you.

http://sosdiagnostics.com/porsche.html
Hello ,thank you for answer.But read carefully please this web site "http://sosdiagnostics.com/porsche.html" or try to contact this company ,they can't program used key remote control they can only program new with barcode tag .
This is from site: see belowUsed parts programmed
  • PAS alarm modules M531 M534 M535 M5X5
  • SCL (steering column locks)
  • ECM's
This is all what I explain for this problem ,I know about this more because I work on this special problem no short time with hope that many people will be happy that I can help .
I garant you one fact ,if you send used remote control which doesn't work them they don't do this , You are from USA please do it I will pay you forward by paypal .
This is my last post about this .
Regards

After question came answer from sosdiagnostics.com today ,I asked about used remote controlers:
We cannot retrieve the programming codes from your remotes. You would need the tags that come with the remotes when they are new in order for us to reprogram them.

Last edited by smuko; 10-29-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:57 PM
ckeyes888
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mark I
What fpb911 is telling you is 100% correct from my experience. I also went to a dealer some years ago with one working key (for which I had no code) and a new key head with the number tag attached I'd ordered from Sunset Porsche, with a freshly cut blade from keysinthepost.com. Dealer programmed car to new key resulting in both keys working perfectly & have ever since. 2004 C2.
Any chance I could contact your dealer? Love to get them in touch with the dealer I went to and maybe clear this all up.

Thanks,

Carl
Old 10-29-2018, 08:24 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Here is mine. I have to go Wednesday or Thursday this week or early next to have my new transmitter programmed. In the past they have done the two that I mentioned in my prior post. Scott is the current service advisor that I am dealing with.
https://www.paulmillerporsche.com/?t...SAAEgLI4vD_BwE

Quick Reply: 02 C4 Cab Key Issue