Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Analog Speedometer not working (Digital Speedo, Odometer, etc. all work correctly)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 05:45 PM
KingArthurHS
5th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Analog Speedometer not working (Digital Speedo, Odometer, etc. all work correctly)

Hey all!

I recently became the owner of an '02 C4 Cab. It's pretty well sorted with just a small handful of things I need to work out here in my early ownership. One I figured I'd take a stab at is that the analog speedometer doesn't work! The digital speed readout in that same left-center dial does read speed in MPH (though seems a bit optimistic based on GPS comparison), but the analog dial itself does not register anything. It just sits at 0 MPH. My odometer increments correctly and the rest of the cluster operates as I'd expect, (though my oil level sender needs replacing), but it's just that analog speed that isn't working.

The single-din head unit has been replaced in this car. Could that interfere in any way?

Is this a common issue? I've found plenty of forum posts with speedo and odo not working, but none with the scenario I'm in. Seems the speed sender is fine if I'm getting the digital readout. Is there something tricky I'm not thinking of or ought I just to go ahead and replace/rebuild the dial itself?

Thanks!
-Arthur

Quick Reply: Analog Speedometer not working (Digital Speedo, Odometer, etc. all work correctly)