996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 06:27 PM
theprf
Race Car

Received 1,786 Likes on 1,136 Posts

They are Amp Junior Power Timer connectors. There are numerous variations for wire gauge and current capability. They are used in every VW/Audi/Porsche product since the early 1980's. In the US Mouser Electronics has the best selection of the terminals - you will need an expensive crimper to install them.

Go to your local VW dealer and ask for repair wires at the parts department. I don't have the part numbers handy, sorry. They have short 10" wires with a pre-crimped plug on each end. Cut the repair wires in half and solder them on. Porsche probably have them, too, for 10x as much.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:24 PM
TexSquirrel
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,414 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Yep Tyco/Amp junior power connectors.
BMW uses them as well with the Bosch Kompakt socket housings.

Check here: https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/in...or3g72qfttsot6
They ship international.
But you might find them at a BMW dealer too.
Pre-crimped on ~15cm pigtails.

Depending upon the size, have them look up BMW N54 coil socket/plugs.
If they require a car to look them up, choose any BMW 135, 335, 535 from 2007-2010.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:52 AM
ZG862
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks chaps; Your help is invaluable. Will let you know how I get on.

Still to identify the 10 pin servo controller unit connector, but focussing on getting all the sensor and stalk wires terminated first. I've learned lots about the connection point assemblies in the relay panel btw - and these are much more straightforward than they first seem. For those (like me) who are (irrationally) intent on getting a factory-like installation, it all starts with these, although the smart move is to bring the (5) cables in from the top; There's a nice little gap on the inside of the curve where the main trunk of cables pass through the big L-shaped guide. This keeps the new cables nice and tight against the others without attempting the near impossible challenge of getting them taped in or undoing any of the zip ties.

Progressing. Slowly.

Z

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Connectors?