Sponsored by:

Recaro Seats 6' Tall Driver Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Canyon Ripper
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro Seats 6' Tall Driver Question

Hello had a specific question. Any 6' or so tall drivers using Recaro Topline or CS Sportster Seats and not feeling too cramped. I'm worried the tunnel/console getting a little wider at the rear makes getting them to slide back enough a bit difficult for decent leg room.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-12-2018, 12:36 AM
az968gpw
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

I have an ergomed seat, am 6'2" and no problem. Don't know how measurements compare but maybe this nelps.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:32 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I use the euro GT3 seats which are basically pole positions. I'm about 6'2" and don't have any issues
Old 09-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Canyon Ripper
Track Day

Thanks guys. I’m aiming for a reclining seat for some added function but I would imagine the buckets give you the most room.

Im really interested in those two Recaro models specifically if they can slide back enough
Old 10-21-2018, 11:42 AM
DGI
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I would be very interested to see your findings with these seats.

I've got Recaro SRD seats in my 1993 Mustang and they lowered my seating position plenty enough to make it comfy (i'm 6'6"). I would love some leather Speed seats for the 996 but curious how much headroom they would offer. I contacted Wedge Engineering to get info on their brackets but they couldnt tell me how much lower they would sit...
Old 10-22-2018, 09:45 PM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I installed Recaro CS sportster with Recaro sliders. It actually did not give anymore headroom than stock seats, which was disappointing. In terms of of leg room, I am 5'11" with 32 inch inseam and have more than enough leg room and can go back another couple of inches. However, the seat is pretty wide and cannot be pushed back all the way on the slide/seat track. I bought a set of Cantrell motor sports Recaro adjuster ***** which are much thinner than the Recaro ones, which allowed sliding the seat back a bit more.

In terms of headroom, with my helmet on, I still bang my head against the roof. I wish I did not have sunroof, which would give me just enough headroom with helmet on. Without he helmet, it is fine and no issues with headroom for me.

I will warn you, though, it was a pain in the butt to install it. I used Brey Krause floor adapter but lining up Recaro slider to the adapter required a fair amount of filing holes to line up with mounting studs on the adapter. Probably took 5-6 times of back and forth but eventually got it in. It is very firm, but very comfortable and holds me in place during track driving.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Canyon Ripper
Track Day

Thanks JBSE59. Exactly the feedback I was aiming for.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:59 PM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyon Ripper
Thanks JBSE59. Exactly the feedback I was aiming for.

No worries. As an FYI, Recaro CS seats only have 1 seat back adjuster **** on the seat. I have a Recaro Speed as well, which has 2, 1 on each side, so I assumed it would be the same and ordered 2 this adjuster **** sets by mistake from Cantrell.

Quick Reply: Recaro Seats 6' Tall Driver Question