Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Windshield Replacement / Antenna Problems - Help !

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 09:21 PM
fspadafino
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Replacement / Antenna Problems - Help !

After an unfortunate chunk was taken out of my windshield (2003 C4S) my insurance sent Safelite to replace the windshield. The tech cut the antenna wire when taking out the old windshield and now they are trying to order a new antenna. They can't figure out the correct part and my car is sitting in the garage with no windshield while they sort this out. Can anyone let me know what this antenna part is? Thanks in advance for anyone who can help !!!

Old 09-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Mark I
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

It doesn't look like they did your interior trim piece any favors, either.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:30 AM
fspadafino
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, I'm hoping I don't see that when the new windshield is put in place.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hit play and thank me later. Btw safelite came to fix a chip on my windshield and tech ended up putting a 18” crack in it.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:38 AM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Ouch. Not only did they cut the antenna line, but it appears they damaged the A-pillar trim. I bet they offered to "splice" the cable back didn't they? Safelite did the same thing to one of my cars. Unfortunately, Safelite techs get in a hurry while using the vinyl windshield removal cord. Those things cut like razer blades. At this point, I would probably request to talk to a manager and explain that you're going to file a claim against their insurance company. Repairing a broken windshield doesn't give them the right to damage other parts of the car. It always cracks me up when the technician arrives and explains they're not responsible for any damage to the car while removing the windshield. I'm like, "hell you are responsible!" That's like saying, "I'm not responsible for your Safelite truck when I back out of my garage". Now, getting the right replacement part is based on the radio system in your car. Is the base CDR-23 or PCM2 with navigation? There are a lot of parts numbers for the antenna. I would recommend getting an estimate from a well respected body shop at this point. First, notify your insurance company of the damage. Then, notify the local Safelite supervisor. Document names for reference. Get the names of the technician that did the damage. Take lots of pictures. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Windshield Replacement / Antenna Problems - Help !