Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Will the real Cobalt Blue please stand up....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ZAMIRZ
This is the car I was talking about, it's now at the Auto Gallery.
Nope, it's been sold: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=108416
Old 01-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Peter B
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that the colour reproduction on the Shambolic Motor's site was a very good representation of the real colour. I bought a new Boxster S about 2 years ago that was finished in that premium priced "exclusive/designer" colour - well that's what the salesman told me. On the way home, in my brand new "exclusive" car, I pulled up at a set of traffic lights and an SLK finished in exactly the same colour stopped next to me!
Exclusive my A*@5#!
3 Weeks later I found a nice 911!
Old 01-20-2004, 12:34 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by ZAMIRZ
There's a Cobalt GT2 sitting at the Auto Gallery here in Woodland Hills and the one thing I noticed that hte pictures don't convey is that in artifical light it is MUCH brighter than you see in pictures. It's almost got a purple touch to it, definately one of my favorite Porsche colors of all time.
Sorry about the " Smurf " reference . I didn't mean the literal flat 993 -era Riviera '"gumball " blue in exact tone , but that as Zamirz says, in certain lights it is very " bright " , not always subdued like Lapis, Iris, Midnight. Brighter than early -996 Zenith .
Old 01-21-2004, 12:13 AM
b-man
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cobalt blue 911. One thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is that it looks different depending on how dirty the car is. If it's dirty, it looks a little more purple.

I ordered my car without ever having seen cobalt blue in real life. I am very happy with the color.

b-man

Quick Reply: Will the real Cobalt Blue please stand up....