Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

So is it still in production?
Old 07-18-2018, 11:03 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
So is it still in production?
^^ Nah^^... you have to read between the lines! The quad and triple row bearings have been replaced with the classic dual row, single row pro, RND Roller bearing (all maintenance items) and The Solution (permanent plain bearing).
Old 07-18-2018, 12:40 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
^^ Nah^^... you have to read between the lines! The quad and triple row bearings have been replaced with the classic dual row, single row pro, RND Roller bearing (all maintenance items) and The Solution (permanent plain bearing).
Sorry, I meant the Spanish version... http://www.insaroims.com/index.php
Old 07-18-2018, 12:45 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
Sorry, I meant the Spanish version discussed in other links above.
Ahhhh... If it is, I never found any info. on it (I looked fairly exhaustively before settling on "The Solution"). I think there's a link to the Spanish on which it was being discussed.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:06 PM
Charles Navarro
Rennlist Member

Received 1,071 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
Ahhhh... If it is, I never found any info. on it (I looked fairly exhaustively before settling on "The Solution"). I think there's a link to the Spanish on which it was being discussed.
I had a good laugh looking at that thread again. I remember it well. They had never actually run it or installed it. Notice there is no cutout on the face of the flange for the timing teeth on the flywheel, which pass through the center of the flange. That's why all IMS flanges have dog ears, unlike theirs. They did come back with a redesign (I have pictures saved for posterity), but the whole premise was poor from the get go. Their idea was that the additional bearings didn't make contact with the IMS until the front bearing failed, which would then allow for the engine to keep on running, spreading debris throughout. That was their concept anyways. Like these guys, there were and are many imitators that have since brought to market various products at every price point and quality level.

Quick Reply: Replacement Engine Suggestions?