Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Clean seats were filthy

Old 07-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Steam gets very hot so if you don’t have a brush attachment just rubber band a microfiber around nozzle and use it to gently scrub. I kept the steamer moving slowly being careful not to leave in one area for more than a few seconds.

just google car interior steaming on YouTube, that’s how I discovered proper technique etc.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:44 AM
peterp
Three Wheelin'

Received 643 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Atrox
Steam gets very hot so if you don’t have a brush attachment just rubber band a microfiber around nozzle and use it to gently scrub. I kept the steamer moving slowly being careful not to leave in one area for more than a few seconds.

just google car interior steaming on YouTube, that’s how I discovered proper technique etc.
Thanks, I'll try it out. I think I'm going to try using Lexol leather cleaner first, instead of Woolite, then use Woolite if Lexol doesn't get the job done.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:20 PM
air993
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

All great info. I'll have to give mine a try. The tops of my window sills are getting shiny. I wonder how glued leather reacts versus stitched/sewn.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:44 PM
peterp
Three Wheelin'

Received 643 Likes on 392 Posts

Did this last night. It's awesome. My steamer looks the same but doesn't have a brush, so I wrapped a microfiber around over it as suggested by OP. I also used Lexol leather cleaner rather than Woolite, but the magic is in the steam because it works really well with Lexol also. With the microfiber over the steam head, you need to be careful that the steam doesn't leak out and travel up the handle because it will burn you pretty fast.

My seats were super clean but shiny. Afterwards, they are even cleaner and no longer shiny. I had some leather touchup dye that I used in the past for a couple of small chips in the original dye and it never matched, even though my leather was "clean" (I thought). After steaming, I retouched those chips and another new one and now the color is now an exact match.

Thanks for sharing this tip -- definitely excellent and well worth the time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clean seats were filthy