Sponsored by:

TRE Malibu Run... The Good, bad, & ugly

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 07:09 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TRE Malibu Run... The Good, bad, & ugly

Well we ended up celebrating the New Year's into the early AM... I finally got home and in bed at 3am... With the hope of getting up at 6am to make the TRE annual Malibu run. Well it did not go down as I had planned. I got up at 7:36 debating going... after a pep talk... I sprung out of bed hit the shower, did not shave, through on some Car driving clothes and shoes and hit the road.

A. Camera was Dead! UGGG I go to these thing to Drive and take pictures oh well there is always next year...
B. No Coffee.... Hard to function without power!
C. 1/4 Tank and I forgot to fill up when I got to TRE

Luckily there was NO ONE on the road. It was eerie the 405 was a ghost town... so I Jetted up the FWY from OC to LA... Made it in record time. less then an hour.

I got to the event and was greeted by my Buddy Bob AKA Flash. We had about 5 mins of conversation and it was time for a group photo and debrief. Next thing you know 100+ Sports cars were off... Minis,911s of all years, Ferraris, Vettes, etc. oh and even a Lambo Murci.

It was a blast running through the streets of LA at arresting speeds. A. Hardly any cars out B. All the Cops were busy minding the Rose bowl today so it was a great day to break some laws!

We had a pit stop on PCH were everyone had a chance to and talk shop. after 30 min or so everyone hopped back in the cars for 2 good rounds of twisties. I can't tell you how much fun I had it was a blast! I purposley pulled behind a 04 GT3 man that car can move. Very impressive. Fun to play catch me if you can though.

After some hard driving everyone met at a camp site in the Malibu Mountain area where we had another chance to talk about the days events. I also had a chance to meet TurboRon who had a sweet Midnight Blue Turbo!

I almost forgot... An older 911 Targa with a CRAZY body kit took a ride off a small cliff! There will be pictures posted soon at Pelican's board. I will post them when they are up. It was NUTS! I believe no one was hurt.

It was a great day filled with hours of smiles. It was fun watching pedestrians especially kids see a hundred Sports cars zooming through the streets.

I hope more 6Speeder's will make it next year!
Old 01-01-2004, 10:51 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First set of Pics...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cmanneh/ BTW The Yellow "Thing" is a porsche and did take a trip over the cliff!

Here is a good thread to read about the event with more pics:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...0&pagenumber=1

I did not experience to many bad drivers my pack of cars was great!

More to come... I also found out that Jay Leno stopped by the end point after I left...
Old 01-01-2004, 11:06 PM
MelloYellow
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that targa is crazy
Old 01-02-2004, 12:58 AM
ericdee
Racer

Thanks Eric, sorry I missed that. Seems like you guys had a lot of fun, other than that poor chap in the yellow 911.

Last edited by ericdee; 01-02-2004 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:16 AM
jbdmd
Pro

I am coming out to LA next new year for sure!

thanks for the update Sandoval
Old 01-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think I've seen that yellow targa/thing featured in a magazine once. It's been a year or two.

Quick Reply: TRE Malibu Run... The Good, bad, & ugly