Sponsored by:

996 Turbo Aerokit

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 05:54 PM
jdlane
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 Turbo Aerokit

There is a complete Turbo Aerokit on Ebay. The starting bid price is $2995.00 with no reserve. Is this a great deal? It includes:

1 Front Lip Spoiler
1 Rear Deck Lid and wing assy.
All Hardware

What do you guys think?
Old 01-01-2004, 08:05 PM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my car I was looking at a 996 without the kit and priced it out. According to the dealer the price is $6,000 plus install. I opted to get a car with the aero kit.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

There is also a new recall piece that mounts between the upper and lower spoiler just behind the air intake grill for added air flow. You may want to inquire if the kit also includes this piece.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:16 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Oak
There is also a new recall piece that mounts between the upper and lower spoiler just behind the air intake grill for added air flow. You may want to inquire if the kit also includes this piece.
Oak,
What is this recall you are talking about?? I have heard nothing of it and have the areokit!! Can you please elaborate???
THANKS!!
Evan
Old 01-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

You may already have the piece installed. But there was a recall on all the early Aerokits for an added small wicker bill for the intake grill. It's about an inch thick and 1.5" wide with tapered ends. If you ordered your turbo from the factory there has been a recall to add this piece. Helps keep engine temps down. Check with your dealership.

See the small piece in the center of Carnewal pics.

Old 01-01-2004, 09:58 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Oak
You may already have the piece installed. But there was a recall on all the early Aerokits for an added small wicker bill for the intake grill. It's about an inch thick and 1.5" wide with tapered ends. If you ordered your turbo from the factory there has been a recall to add this piece. Helps keep engine temps down. Check with your dealership.

See the small piece in the center of Carnewal pics.
Hum, kinda confused...where would I find that piece if I had it?? On the tail?? My car is a mid 02 car and I am not the original owner, so I would not have gotten the recall notice...Guess I will run nextdoor to Champion tomorrow...have to get my seatbelt receptical replaced anyway due to triping my airbag light...
Thanks,
Evan
Old 01-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Evan the piece is mounted on the lower portion between the upper and lower portion of the rear spoiler. Behind the last grill opening. I'm sure Champion will know about it.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:08 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Oak
Evan the piece is mounted on the lower portion between the upper and lower portion of the rear spoiler. Behind the last grill opening. I'm sure Champion will know about it.
Thats what I thought...is its purpose just to redirect some air through the vents to help cool it?? I have never had any heat problems, but I guess I should have it done anyway...even though this wing won't be on my car very much longer
Thanks much Oak
Evan

Quick Reply: 996 Turbo Aerokit