Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:44 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 666 Likes on 423 Posts
Default ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy

The APEX 18” Porsche Wheel Group Buy is now officially closed.

VISIT THE GROUP BUY PAGE HERE

Thousands of you took our survey and shared invaluable information that influenced what’s included in this deal. We're happy to announce that our Porsche pre-order Group Buy is now live.

The ability to bring these wheels to fruition is dependent on your pre-order Group Buy participation. We're committed to each specific fitment and finish so long as there is enough interest for each. This Group Buy allows you to pre-order with the potential for the deepest discounts we'll ever offer. You can view all sizes, pricing, and details on the Group Buy site linked below. Participate, spread the word, and rejoice that our Porsche wheels are finally near.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here, reach out directly, or submit them through the Group Buy platform.

Thinking about waiting to join until your discount is hit? Don’t do that!
We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment. You’ll never have to pay more than you’re willing to - even if you’re the first participant. Pledging is risk free!

How do I participate?
Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GangUp.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What if I have some questions?
No problem! You can simply contact us by clicking “Message Vendor” on the deal page or via groupbuys@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

What’s different about our Group Buy?
Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GangUp.com where you can pay, follow, and discuss the deal’s status.

Want to see how they look?

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 07-16-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:26 AM
NickHolloman
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m sure I overlooked it, but I couldn’t find what the 18” NB fit wheels weigh?
Old 04-14-2018, 01:28 AM
NickHolloman
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Scratch that, I found it. Carry on
Old 04-14-2018, 10:17 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 144 Posts

Wow....great looking wheels! I will have to consider....I suppose having one more set of wheels isn't a bad thing, is it? Need some new tires for the rear.....I could just put them on new wheels!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Espo78
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NickHolloman
Scratch that, I found it. Carry on

I can't find it...what are they?
Old 04-17-2018, 08:33 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
Wow....great looking wheels! I will have to consider....I suppose having one more set of wheels isn't a bad thing, is it? Need some new tires for the rear.....I could just put them on new wheels!
Thank you for the kind words! Even if you're just considering, officially pledging your interest in the deal is harmless. You'll never have to pay more than your pledged amount. Please let me know if I can help or if you have any further questions!

Originally Posted by Espo78
I can't find it...what are they?
Underneath the deal overview tab inside the SM-10 specification table, details can be seen HERE.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:39 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

looks great weight and offsets look good. any plans for bronze/gold?
Old 04-18-2018, 09:54 PM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 92 Posts

The I beam spokes and anti slip knurled bead have me very interested in buying a set. If offered in bronze, I’d have to put my money on the line. I’m still leaning this way for my autocross / HPDE wheels.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:12 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by geetee
looks great weight and offsets look good. any plans for bronze/gold?
We'll only be offering the SM-10 in our three known finishes - Race Silver, Satin Black, and Anthracite.

Various finishes and optional choices have never been offered by us. Offering this lightweight and strong design in aggressive specifications that allow enthusiasts to run their desired tire size(s) and compound without performing extensive modifications is key. We want to solve the community pain points, filling voids in the marketplace. Chasing finishes to meet ever changing aesthetic preferences is not the fight we want to fight.

The other issue with various color choices would be our wheel replacement program - where if your APEX's endure ANY damage whatsoever (on track or otherwise) you can return the wheel and are eligible to purchase the same wheel at a 50% discount. This would be difficult to do if we do not have the speciality color in stock or painted.

With this said, other finishes that are met with ample community-wide support can be produced in the future.

Originally Posted by AnthonyGS
The I beam spokes and anti slip knurled bead have me very interested in buying a set. If offered in bronze, I’d have to put my money on the line. I’m still leaning this way for my autocross / HPDE wheels.
Thank you for your interest! If you haven't done so already, please feel free to officially pledge your interest. It is risk free and you're not obligated to purchase your selected set if your desired discount tier is not met. Keep in mind that preferences and delivery timing are prioritized and shipped in the order that official pledges are received.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or comments!
Old 04-19-2018, 05:27 PM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Officially pledged after learning about your replacement policy. Since we are selling our house soon I put my work address for shipping. I can’t wait to get the call complaining about a large delivery..... oh well.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:38 PM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I purchased a set for my e36 recently and just mounted track tires on them. The wheels were excellent and the group buy worked out very well (received maximum discount). I would be buying a set for my 996 if I am not in the middle of new kitchen, college tuition, and suspension overhaul......
Old 04-19-2018, 07:09 PM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbse39
I purchased a set for my e36 recently and just mounted track tires on them. The wheels were excellent and the group buy worked out very well (received maximum discount). I would be buying a set for my 996 if I am not in the middle of new kitchen, college tuition, and suspension overhaul......
We are selling our house to get a new house (new construction) which involves putting things in storage, lots of repairs, staging, find short term housing, etc. I didn’t let it stop me. We pay a private school tuition too
Old 04-19-2018, 08:33 PM
jayson
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 155 Posts

Wish we could do '17 too
Old 04-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AnthonyGS
Officially pledged after learning about your replacement policy. Since we are selling our house soon I put my work address for shipping. I can’t wait to get the call complaining about a large delivery..... oh well.
Excellent news, thank you! Please let me know if you have any further questions in any stages of the Group Buy.

Originally Posted by jbse39
Always great to see a fellow enthusiast put our wheels up to the test on another platform and share their success story. Thanks for your continual support, and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Originally Posted by jayson
Wish we could do '17 too
After our 18" and 19" wheels are released to the community, we will explore feasibility of 17" wheels.

There is support for 17" Porsche-specific APEX wheels amongst SPB (Spec Boxster) racers. Timing has yet to be determined, but we certainly plan to produce wheels compliant with that series and for other chassis who may benefit from that smaller diameter. Of course we'd love to produce and push wheels as quickly as some unregulated fly-by-night wheel companies, but that's where the differences reveal themselves in the wheel industry. Delivering a wheel that is tried and tested with superior engineering to withstand continual track abuse takes precedence.

Our Group Buy is kicking along. Showing your interest is harmless as it does not bind you to anything. Configure your desired set, select your preferred discount tier, and encourage fellow enthusiasts to join to obtain the largest discount!
Old 05-17-2018, 07:29 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for your participation thus far, everyone! We're on the road to hit the maximum discount if everyone pledges their interest. With a little over one month remaining, take advantage of the largest discounts that we'll ever offer.

For other enthusiasts that haven't done so already - configure your set, select your preferences, and join the gang! Once you’ve shown your interest, you must come back and “pledge” your interest to secure your desired set(s) on the Group Buy page. Submitting interest without pledging doesn’t reserve you any product - it just lets you stay in touch with the deal; similar to watching an eBay auction. With the ability to choose your discount tier, there is no risk to pledging and no reward from waiting. We’re allocating sets and shipping them in the order pledges are received, so pledging early is recommended.

Our latest APEX blog post sheds some light on the SM-10's knurled bead. Check it out HERE!

Quick Reply: ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy