996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Intermittent Radio Problem (Hifi)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 02:31 PM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Intermittent Radio Problem (Hifi)

Has anyone else had a problem where the radio goes silent for a half a second sometimes. This happens to me with FM and CD, so it's not the player skipping. I have the "hifi" option.

It seems to happen more often when the car is cold and sometimes on moderate/hard acceleration when the car is warm.

I'm sure it's not going to do this at the dealership, so I was wondering if you guys had suggestions as to where they could look for problems (bad connections, TSBs, etc.)

Also, if anyone has the hifi option, can you try this:

Turn off the car and pull the key.

Now turn on the headunit manually with the volume **** and then turn it off again. Do hear noise from the speakers still like the amp stayed on when the headunit went off?

My amp will stay on indefinitely until I turn the ignition on and off again.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Peter B
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have suffered a number of glitches similar to the ones the you have mentioned. There is supposed to be a factory reset code that involves various buttons on the Becker. My set shows "service" on the screen about once a month, usually after it has been playing via the CD stacker. As I am still waiting for my local OPC to tell me how to reset the set (only 5 months now) I have discovered that by removing & refitting the main radio fuse (but leaving the lower rated fuse in place so that the set still has the constant live in place) the radio restarts. I have find that sometimes the set will not respond to any of the controls and plays continuously until the fuse is pulled.
My OPC wants to sell me a new radio for £500!
And I know exactly where they can put the box....
Old 01-01-2004, 03:27 PM
SYMA
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Becker Club

Quick Reply: Intermittent Radio Problem (Hifi)