MK1 vs. MK2 maintenance - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

MK1 vs. MK2 maintenance

Old 03-13-2018, 12:48 AM
Default MK1 vs. MK2 maintenance

I apologize if this is covered in the forum else where but am on my cell so things don't come through the best.

I am aware of the mk1 having a fuel filter that needs replaced as compared to the mk2 but is that the only real difference in maintenance?

When first starting my hunt I wasn't interested in the early headlight design but after really looking at them, I have grown quite fond of it. Might be in the way minority on that one but whatever Thus the 99-01 tips are now in the search as well.

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:31 AM

I'd say its more a case of one 996 vs another 996 rather than purchasing based on predicted maintenance of a MK2 vs MK1.

Get a PPI, check for service records, watch Jake and Charles' 996 inspection videos on YouTube so you know what to look for. Good luck with the search

Old 03-13-2018, 08:32 AM
Rennlist Member

No plastic spark plug tubes on the Mk2 engine, but those probably only need replacement once or twice in the car's lifetime.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:26 PM

Is this where we talk about cam angle deviation codes??

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: