Sponsored by:

Anyone caught doing over 100 mph?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 07:21 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Alexander Stemer
I keep making donations to every trooper organization that has called (pre- do-not-call laws) and paste the star decals on the left rear passenger window so the trooper has to see them.
Having a couple friends who are in law enforcement, I have been told that most cops either do not notice those fancy little stickers or actually go out of their way to give you a ticket because you have them. Apparently they think you are TRYING to get out of a ticket by having the sticker, so they make sure you get one.

The only 2 I know that work are the CHP 11-99 and KMA-LA license plate frames.

Old 12-29-2003, 09:19 PM
996 AERO
Instructor

Parkman,

Wonder if you would have gotton the ticket if you were alone and you stated crying?????

I had an attractive young lady that worked for me, drove a BMW, got stopped numerous times for speeding, cried like a baby and got off every time without a ticket. I'd call that discrimination.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

My wife was pulled over in the Cayenne one night with me and the two girls in the car. Cop asked her where she worked and she told him the name of the private school and he let her go with a written warning citation. She said she had heard that cops are lenient on teachers and etc. or any employees working in the public sector. I never get let go, but I always manage to get out of them.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:58 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally posted by c70Pete
Driving back to Toronto... going through town of Preble... get pulled over for doing 83 in a 65... I pulled over to far right, turned the cabin lights on, rolled window down and had both hands on the wheel... trooper asks me why I think I got pulled over... I said perhaps I was going a little quick but didn't realize it... he said 83 you were doing... I apologized and he asked me if I had any other tickets in NYC... I said I'm squeaky clean (remember this part!)

He comes back and tells me my license is suspended since 1993 HOLY ****! I forgot to pay a ticket in Buffalo when I had ran a red light... he said he would have to tow my car and take me to court but that would be a hassle so he was just going to give me a ticket instead for 83!... my lucky day I guess!!

how much is the fine for 83 in a 65?
In NY State the point system is as follows:
1-10 mph over the speed limit: 3 points
11-20 mph over: 4 points
21-30 mph over: 6 points
31-40 mph over: 8 points

more than 40: 11 points (any 11 points on your license = suspension)

Reckless Driving: 5 points

Talk to the cop before you get to the judge and see if he'll reduce it to 75 this way you'll only wind up with 3 points. Take a defensive driving class and they'll all go away. Don't worry about the fine - just get the points down. My last ticket was 150 bucks in that range.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:04 PM
Joe2000C4Cab
Pro

I was nabbed in broad daylight, 120 in a 65 zone on I-280 in Palo Alto, California.

However, I too know the "ticket etiquette". I pulled over to the right *immediately* when I saw the CHP on my rear, hands were on the steering wheel. I had the top down so the officer had no trouble seeing inside. He still wrote me up. He said he had been in the process of writing some notes after ticketing someone else and wasn't even looking at the highway - he *heard* me pass by. :-)

However, first court appearce in CA the officer is not required to show up. You have two choices: Guilty/no-contest == ticket OR Not-guilty == another court appearance. At the second court appearance, I made a point to try to nicely talk to the officer outside the courtroom. I apologized for making him come to court but I really [sic] believed I might have been just going a hair under 100mph (66mph - 99mph are the same 1 pt ticket in CA). In court, I repeated that. The judge asked the officer if he would ammend the ticket. After some belt-hunching and chest puffing, he gave in. I got a lecture. But, I also got 70 in 65 zone instead of 120.

I don't normally kiss butt so much but my wife was 7 months pregnant and 2 points would have made me lose my license. I don't even want to know what a whoop-a$$ I would have gotten if I had lost my license so I was "inspired".
Old 12-30-2003, 09:50 PM
TerryC4S
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

In July of 2002 I was clocked at 104 in a 65 on 23 north of Columbus, OH. It was a clear day and there was no traffic. The trooper wrote me up for 104 as I was clocked from an airplane. The ticket was 2 points and $145 fine with court costs. I just mailed it in.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:43 AM
rrys
Advanced

I've never liked to donate to Police organizations and feel intimidated when they call and ask for a donation. As a tax payer I like to think they work for me and I doubt donations have much impact on avoiding tickets.

I've had my P-car 1 year now and no tickets. I don't know how I managed this as 100mph is so effortless and I could have been put into jail several times.

Remember 1 out of 138 Americans are in prison!! more than 2 million.

Quick Reply: Anyone caught doing over 100 mph?