Sponsored by:

3months, 6000miles later...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 04:44 AM
Curves4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3months, 6000miles later...

It's been 3 months and 6000miles since i first picked up my car. Love every second of it, even in traffic. I find every excuse to drive this car and always take the long route. I'm planning on doing the oil change @ 7k miles. I have two options i need help with; (1) take it to a independent porsche mechanic and have it changed for $100 or (2) take it to the dealer and have them do it for $190 (beverly hills) I'm worried that if i take it to an independent mech for this minor service, i might face backlash from the dealers should any problem arise(putting the blame on me b/c of customer loyalty blah blah blah). Do you see any problem with this? or am i being too paranoid? Sorry, it's my first Porsche and i'm babying it as much as i can.

Mods so far: I removed the jumper so that my sport exhaust is on constantly with no cut-off but the 'quiet' switch still works. Valentine1 with Stealth display (not hard wired yet)

Next up: Coilovers and 19's Still debating on a setup but am leaning towards JIC. I'm completely indecisive about what type of wheels i want, might end up with 3 different sets

Only gripes so far is that the gas cap hasn't stayed open since i first got it, there is an airleak on both doors @ 75+mph, squeaking noise over bumpy roads @ the pillars behind the small rear windows( is this normal?) and the switch to manually lift the deck wing doesn't work anymore. I was told most of these, if not all were covered under warranty.

The car is still a blast to drive.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:03 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 3months, 6000miles later...

Originally posted by Curves4S
....I'm planning on doing the oil change @ 7k miles. I have two options i need help with; (1) take it to a independent porsche mechanic and have it changed for $100 or (2) take it to the dealer and have them do it for $190 (beverly hills)....
I personally think it's important to develop a good relationship with at least one service department at a dealership...you never know when you may need someone to bat for you once your warranty runs out. $90 seems like a minor expense to help grease future goodwill.

FYI, I've had a few things on my 993 fixed at no costs despite the warranty having expired a long time ago (valve cover gasket leak, jammed CD changer, etc).
Old 12-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Curves4S
Advanced

Yeah, now that i think about it, since its the first service i'm going to take it to the dealer. This way, i'll take car of everything in one shot.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:24 PM
chitownbob
Racer

Damn, 3 months and 6K miles!!!Now thats a daily driver. Keep it up.

Bobby
Old 12-22-2003, 04:33 PM
cableguy
Racer

I've had my car for two years and you've already passed me in miles. I've got some driving to do!!!
Old 12-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Fantod
Advanced

I had the same problem with squeaks in the roofline at the c pillars.
It was loose and broken clips for the roofliner. It was a simple fix once the dealer found the problem. Good luck.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:12 AM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I know this is kind of obvious, but don't forget to get all those squeaks and rattles and such fixed completely under warranty before you put on the coilovers.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:09 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 78 Posts

Curve,
i'll go with the Pss-9 US version. JIC is quite noisy IMO. if u any need help, including wheels, let me know.

Quick Reply: 3months, 6000miles later...