Sponsored by:

I'm in the dark.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 03:24 PM
Agent Jester
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by _OP_
I didn't "lie" about my age. Apparently, "1984" is the default year when I registered. I didn't think to change it. Yes, April 1st is not my real birthday nor OP/Opie Taylor my name. I selected that in light of the anonymity that forums like Rennlist support (ex. avatars).

Is your real name "Agent Jester"?
obviously not, but I'm not the one who started a thread sharing all sorts of personal details including where I live, where I work, my marital status, my age, how many years away from retirement I was, that I had kids, etc. and then cried "privacy issues" when demanded some sort of proof to the validity of your posts.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:27 PM
Agent Jester
Pro

Wow, Dr Strange, seems like great minds were thinking alike at the exact same time.....
Old 01-23-2018, 03:27 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 565 Posts

^ Haha, +996
Old 01-23-2018, 03:39 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Back to serious topic, how many miles are on your car again Opie? My car had WP done at 100k miles FYI.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Coopduc
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 134 Posts

OK, I going to attempt to get the thread back on track.
OP - I saw another post related to misfires and trouble codes. I think you would benefit from having a Durametric hooked up to your OBD2 port. This may give you a better indication of what's going on in your engine than the guy at Autozone can provide.
I have this tool and if you are reasonably close to Asheville, or can get the car here, I'd be happy to assist you in this diagnosis.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:50 PM
_OP_
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove
_OP_ if you are genuine and in need of help I really, sincerely, believe you will not get rid of this filth that has settled on you and your posts without some shots of your car. I know and respect that you are a private person, but there are ways for you to send us information we need to help you without revealing too much about yourself. You've already revealed that you're 9 years away from retirement from Adjunct Support at University of GA, have a wife and kids, recently ordered new parts for your car, live in North Carolina... if you keep yapping any of us who really care will figure out who you are... (For the record, we don't care. We have our own Porsches.)

What is going on here has nothing to do with you, nonetheless, you are caught up in it. If you'd like suggestions on how to photograph or video the car without giving away the location of your secret lair in the hills of NC we can throw out some for you.
I'm 8 years out of retirement not 9 years. I never intended to say anything about my limited affiliation with the university, but the moderator found it useful to post that publicly without permission. Which I think is wrong for them to do without at least contacting me by email and asking. A person on this board has given me their name and phone number, but you think I'm going to post it for all the world to see? Absolutely NOT! Personally, when the moderator exposed that information it was a breach of trust. If they don't want to protect a person's identity, then make Rennlist more like Facebook. More reason why I have these feelings.

You got ask yourself. (forgive the crude analogy) There are better way to get a hard-on than go out and spend $200.00 on OEM Porsche center caps in order to masquerade for help.

I can't believe we're still talking about the troll subject. All I tried to do this morning is log-on and make some notes about what others said about the problem being bigger than just a faulty water pump. That's all! I come on the site this morning and it says I don't have permission.

You say, "if you keep yapping any of us who really care will figure out who you are... (For the record, we don't care.)" My question to everyone that feels this way, "If no one really cares who I am, then why ask for images or for proof?" If people need this prerequisite, then don't bother with reading my posts or trying to help me. But people find it easy to come in and make insulting remarks over and over. Now who is being the troll now?
Old 01-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Agent Jester
Pro

Skeptic and troll are two very different things.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:02 PM
_OP_
Banned

Originally Posted by Agent Jester
You've been both.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent Jester
Agent, let's just help the guy. OP, what is the mileage on the car? With WP going, there could be other things going at the same mileage.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:04 PM
jim010
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Coopduc
OK, I going to attempt to get the thread back on track.
OP - I saw another post related to misfires and trouble codes. I think you would benefit from having a Durametric hooked up to your OBD2 port. This may give you a better indication of what's going on in your engine than the guy at Autozone can provide.
I have this tool and if you are reasonably close to Asheville, or can get the car here, I'd be happy to assist you in this diagnosis.
Unfortunately, I don't think his car is in shape to drive anywhere.

But if it is the water pump, at least that is doable in your garage. Remember to do the thermostat too.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Flat6Music
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 122 Posts

And on this day, Rennlist's 996 forum officially jumps the shark.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 320 Posts

As many of you have surmised, _OP_ is simply not who he says he is, and his entire narrative has been fabricated. Rather, he is...b3freak. Since it is against the rules to have two accounts, especially one that was designed to do nothing but troll all of you, both accounts will be banned. b3freak has not acquitted himself well here with the drama and story he has created.

It's wonderful to have fun and foster camaraderie on the forums, for that is part of what Rennlist is about. Some of you guys have some interesting agendas against other members, however, and that's not what this place was designed for nor how adults should behave.

This thread is closed.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:08 PM
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

I didn't see the original thread, but I like where this one is headed.

Lets get back to helping fix his issue. Start over, stick to cars, and leave the drayma for FB.

Oops, sorry Mark!
Old 01-23-2018, 04:10 PM
_OP_
Banned

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
Agent, let's just help the guy. OP, what is the mileage on the car? With WP going, there could be other things going at the same mileage.
It was almost 110,000. I thought I had a picture of the odometer on my computer from the seller. I will keep looking, but a little frustrated at the moment and don't have the patience. Thank you kindly sir.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 320 Posts

Fully closed.

Quick Reply: I'm in the dark.