Brute Power/Perfection clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 10:46 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Brute Power/Perfection clutch

Hi all,

I'm shopping for a new clutch for my 996, Rock Auto has the best price for the Sachs kit and Luk flywheel. However, I noticed they sell a clutch kit and flywheel showing as a Brute Power/Perfection brand. They are both a bit cheaper (the pair has a savings of $80 USD).

When researching online I found this post on a Mustang forum:

"There are 3 major clutch manufacturers in the world, LUK, Valeo and Sachs.
Most all of the "aftermarket" clutch companies have their clutches made by one of the big 3 I mentioned and then has them painted their own color and slaps their company sticker on it and sells it as their own.
The only exception to this is SPEC Racing Clutches. They are their own production facility and they build every one of their clutches down at their plant in Alabama.

In other words, Perfection is either made by LUK, Valeo or Sachs. Six in one, half dozen, the other."

I am wondering what the chances are that these are just rebranded Sachs and Luk components? The flywheel appears to have the Luk stamp on it, but cant see anything on the clutch kit. Has anyone ever used these?

Here are the links from Rockauto:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/p...lutch+kit,1993

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/p...,flywheel,5348

Last edited by Cosmo Kramer; 01-16-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:25 AM
W.Bruckner
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
Hi all,

I'm shopping for a new clutch for my 996, Rock Auto has the best price for the Sachs kit and Luk flywheel. However, I noticed they sell a clutch kit and flywheel showing as a Brute Power/Perfection brand. They are both a bit cheaper (the pair has a savings of $80 USD).
Reviving this thread, anyone has info about this? Remains highly relevant I believe.

Quick Reply: Brute Power/Perfection clutch