Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone with IMS bearing installation experience interested in a trade?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Prelude Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Anyone with IMS bearing installation experience interested in a trade?

Just wondering if anyone on this forum who has experience changing the IMS bearing might be interested in a trade. I'm a fan of trying different things.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in coming to Maryland to install the LN Engineering bearing into my 2004 M96. I would like to learn how it's done, too.

Live out-of-state? No problem! I live near the airport and can pick you up and drop you off! The engine is already out of the car.

In return, you can select from any of the following:
-Never been to the MD/DC area and would like to sightsee on my dime?
-Never been to Summit Point or maybe even VIR for an HPDE weekend because you live too far away? You can use my Spec996 race car for an HPDE weekend. (This is the engine that will be going into the racecar so obviously the bearing will need to be changed before the event)
-Would like to go to Ocean City, MD or Dewey Beach, DE this summer? I have a condo in Ocean City you can use!

I'll try to come up with some other options but PM me if you are interested and we can go from there.

InstaGram: leftfordeadcars
Old 01-08-2018, 07:19 PM
thebutterson
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Have you read through LN Engineering's instructions and watched the video? I'm about to attempt this myself for the first time and after watching the video, reading through the instructions, and doing a "'practice run" with the tools I feel confident that I can get this done myself. Personally I'm more worried about the RMS because I can't get a hold of a good tool for that and will have to make one.

Check these out:
http://imsretrofit.com/wp-content/up...nual-03-23.pdf
Old 01-08-2018, 07:31 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

I replaced my IMSB with the “LNE Solution” about 6-8 months ago. Those are some great offers but I just don’t have the time to take you up on them... I’ve even got the tools you’ll need to do the job - it’s super easy if you’ve already got the motor out...
Old 01-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Prelude Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Oh, wow! Did not realize it might be something I can do myself. My main concern was messing it up since I have never done it before. I usually try things myself but this is one I didn't want to experiment on.

I'll look into doing it myself once the weather gets warmer!

Thanks for the good info, guys!
Old 01-08-2018, 09:22 PM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

For the RMS, Rennlister ChrisMA makes a great tool, 3D printed, that works like a charm.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:10 PM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

Oops, wrong post. Admins, please delete.

Quick Reply: Anyone with IMS bearing installation experience interested in a trade?