Sponsored by:

Cats from Carid

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 04:58 PM
dbuckius
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cats from Carid

I ordered and have received 2 cats from Carid.com (CA version) last week.

One cat comes with the correct triangular gasket, the other cat comes with the O-ring type gasket.

I have contacted Carid, but they keep saying that they are working with the manufacturer to solve the problem.

I have asked them to send my just the correct gasket replacement which cost around $5.00 on their website, but they have not got back to me.

Back to my question...Will this O-ring type gasket work? I am in the process of removing the old cats now

thanks

Old 12-25-2017, 10:16 PM
texcwa
Racer

My advise, stay away from CARiD!!! I ordered a spoiler for my Dodge Charger that fractured shortly after the warranty period. I then ordered another that again failed but within the warranty period but guess what, CARiD would not and did not honor the warranty. Had to order another (but not from CARiD)

Last edited by texcwa; 12-25-2017 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-26-2017, 11:00 AM
cds72911
Drifting

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

Not sure about your car, but my '00 uses the triangular shaped gasket. It holds everything lined up so when you assemble it, the gasket is in the right location. No idea if that simple round one would work but for the cost, I'd just buy the correct gasket.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:01 PM
dbuckius
Advanced

Odering extra set from Pelican.

One more question....Cat has three threaded holes, Two big threaded holes are for the O2 sensors. What is the function of the other smaller threaded hole (lower right corner). Looking at the current cat on the car and found that there is a hex screw installed on this extra hole.

I supposed I just need to remove this screw and install to the new cat.

Quick Reply: Cats from Carid