996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Dct t96 steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:53 AM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

OP what a mess, they send the wheels out of country? I would get your money back and send your wheel to Dallassteeringwheel.com for recover. Not sure if he has the flat bottom steering wheels but maybe he can steer you, sorry had to, in the right direction. Good luck getting things sorted. Dallas has been around awhile and many RL members have posted good results.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardback
OP what a mess, they send the wheels out of country? I would get your money back and send your wheel to Dallassteeringwheel.com for recover. Not sure if he has the flat bottom steering wheels but maybe he can steer you, sorry had to, in the right direction. Good luck getting things sorted. Dallas has been around awhile and many RL members have posted good results.
this place does work IN HOUSE? I didn't know DCT sent it overseas yikes!
Old 01-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes I believe so
Old 01-17-2018, 11:59 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Hardback
Yes I believe so
thank I emailed them and Donald replied quickly with lots of Info
Old 01-30-2018, 06:38 PM
2out2sea
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to update everyone on what has transpired regarding the DCTMS wheel purchase. I did receive the silver and black T96 wheel with the alcantara airbag cover. The workmanship of the wheel is excellent, but the silver and black isn't quite my cup of tea. I would prefer the all-black wheel that I ordered, but may keep the silver and black as it is in the interest of economics.

The airbag cover in alcantara didn't match well, but I knew that prior to having DCTMS ship the pairing. My thought was that I would at least get a wheel and airbag, which I did. The old adage of a bird in hand is better than two in the bush applies here.

I finally got Paypal involved and through the resolution center I received a refund of 150.00 from DCTMS. I agreed to keep the wheel and airbag cover and all is done. I have already contacted Dallas Custom to correct everything and they assure me it is a 1-2 week process to recover the airbag and wheel. Unfortunately the perforated black leather of the wheel is not close to the factory black airbag, so off the wheel and airbag go to Dallas Custom to see if they can match the perforated leather on the wheel and simply recover the airbag. Otherwise I will end up recovering the wheel and airbag at a cost of about 700-800.

So, in the end this will cost about 1600.00 to get the exact wheel I want, including the recover from Dallas Custom. Or, 1100-1150.00 if Dallas Custom can match the perforated leather of the wheel. It's been a hassle, but I did get a very nice wheel and an airbag cover that I can get recovered.

Perhaps DCTMS can sort out their production issues. I know that the quality of the wheel is very good. Communication is mediocre at best, but DCTMS did meet me somewhat in the middle for a satisfactory resolution. I'd give a 6-7 out of 10 on this one. I have certainly had worse experiences, but I do wish I had gotten what I had ordered and paid for in a timely manner.

I hope this helps others considering this upgrade. I'll post pics once the wheel is finished and installed. Please be patient, it may be a while...

Brad
Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

DCTMS just posted pictures on IG after a long time of a Steering Wheel for Huracan which looks sooooooo sexy!

Maybe they are back in Business after some complications

anyways I'm going with DCSW instead as per Hardbacks recco
Old 02-01-2018, 12:46 PM
PorscheTurbo04
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live by DCT and was going to buy a steering wheel and airbag cover from them. I ended up going by their shop and he loved my car (996 with PCCB). He said he wanted to sponsor me in exchange for using my car for photos of rims he was going to produce. When I followed up with the specific wheel I wanted he never responded. I set an additional 5 email and a bunch of calls and no response. It is a very poor business with bad practices. I later read reviews on other boards and many other people who purchased things and never got what they ordered and never got responses back. The wheels look awesome, but not worth losing the $1,500+.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:59 PM
2out2sea
AutoX

As a final update, here's a picture installed with the airbag from Dallas steering wheels. I think it looks good with my seal grey center console and carbon fiber trim pieces. Don at dallas was great to work with and had everything back to me in under a week. Now i have am extra alcantara airbag cover and module. Anyone interested?
Old 04-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Allen Hanahan
6th Gear

Default DCT

I can give you an update on DCT today. Tomorrow will be three months since I sent a tiptronic core to Ivan. Very little contact since then. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Silk
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
So do they make their wheels that they advertise, or do they just market them from someone else?
it took also a while (3-4months) for me to receive the steering wheel. Mine got directly shipped from a Taiwanese leather workshop. So that is probably where it is made.

For the rest I am super happy with the quality and feel (metropole blue standard leather with white ribbon). It could a bit more sticky at the hands but probably that will get better over time.

I was aware of the delays and bad communication. So I paid via PayPal in order to get my money back eventually. Or use the buyers protection via your CC company or e-bay? It is a hassle indeed. Poor service. But great steering wheel.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Allen Hanahan
6th Gear

Thanks. I guess there is hope!
Old 04-12-2018, 01:14 AM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I've used both. DCT steering wheel is near perfect but poor communication and take too long.
Dallas custom great communication and fast turnaround. It's always been within 10 days including shipping. He does it inhouse. Work is not "perfect" compared to DCT.
That said I will probably putting my black T96 tip wheel up for sale soon.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by geetee
IDallas custom great communication and fast turnaround. It's always been within 10 days including shipping. He does it inhouse. Work is not "perfect" compared to DCT
I just sent mine to DCSW, communication is been amazing. Hopefully workmanship is good
Old 04-16-2018, 12:13 PM
Allen Hanahan
6th Gear

Default DCTMS

Update. Going on 4 months waiting on my DCT custom steering wheel. No communication with Ivan.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:05 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

thanks for posting this guys i had planned on buying one but i wont be dealing with this foolishness

Quick Reply: Dct t96 steering wheel